Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Handover Event -- July 28, 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also...any details on when you can configure?! If not, how the hell do you skimp out on those details?

Do the math. Employee cars FIRST. It's widely been reported 3-4k orders for them. August 100 cars, Sept 1500 cars etc... You don't need to know details yet for configuration. You've no shot of getting your car for more than 3 month's time.

I just did a Twitter search for "Model 3" latest tweets, and immediately a bunch of news article reviews came up, so looks like their embargo ended, and there's lots to read right now on the web about the Model 3!!! Go search! Currently reading I just drove the Tesla Model 3, and it changes everything — the entire world will want this car

Update: moving on to Here’s what it’s like to drive the Tesla Model 3 with an interesting note that a large man (200# 6'2") fits comfortably in it.

Driving a Tesla Model 3 is pretty damn awesome has some descriptions of form, getting in and out, etc.

It looks like all the early embargoed reviews only had 15 minute test drives, which is good to start, but we will obviously need more. The first 30 owners will get to tell us little bits and pieces, but let's hope they don't have a huge pause in delivering more production vehicles like Model S & X, so we start to get more information from more owners. I don't know what the rollout will be like, but let's hope it's OK!

I have to say all the articles and livestreams had consistent comments to what I saw at the factory visit during a recent appreciation party for referrers: it looks good. We can only find out from more in depth ownership what that means. The articles also mention it feels good, but we'll see -- that's horribly subjective, as we know. But so far we've gotten a few comments that large and tall people fit! I like that! Also, the dash is very low, so that short people can see out easily too.

This combined with the affordability and safety should make this an appealing and compelling car. Exactly how appealing and compelling will unpeal over the next weeks and months :D

Last edited:
While the event was a miss on getting us hyped, the media seems to love it so we might be okay.

I'm still a bit worried by some of the things Elon said. He almost got teary-eyed and sounded like he had a lump in his throat when he was saying we are trying to get you your cars as fast as we can. I honestly don't know if he knows they can pull this off or not. We can't let him fail now.

Reactions: Bebop and mlforrest
While the event was a miss on getting us hyped, the media seems to love it so we might be okay.

I'm still a bit worried by some of the things Elon said. He almost got teary-eyed and sounded like he had a lump in his throat when he was saying we are trying to get you your cars as fast as we can. I honestly don't know if he knows they can pull this off or not. We can't let him fail now.

I took it he really cares that people stood in line and he won't let them down, "working night and day" to get it to them as soon as possible. There could still be something special when configuration time comes for those people.