Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Have not been deliver in 6 weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering whether this happened to any model 3 owner. I placed my deposit on Mar 26th, even since then, I did not heard anything back from tesla. It will be 6th week by May 7th. Tesla said model 3 is supposed to be delivered 3-6 weeks.

I just checked my tesla account, my model 3 still does not have a VIN number assigned. I heard that once VIN number is assigned, which mean the car is in production. Tesla did not even start production on my car in 6 weeks ?

What should I do ? Please help me. I tried to call the customer service. What they told me is just wait.

Thanks everyone.

Aeros have been getting vins for about a week now. 19’s not really. I’m only at 3 weeks since configure. Since they were down for 5 days about two weeks ago, I’m not surprised about my wait. I have read where someone waited 9 weeks for a vin. I’ve also read that tesla will escalate it at 6 weeks to see if there’s an issue with your order. I don’t think anyone in Canada (if that applies to you) has received their car

@Wilsonli - did you order your car with the 18" wheels?

I was going through the Model 3 Invite lists today looking at trends (I too am waiting for my VIN). I took a look at Config to Delivery timeline of all the deliveries/scheduled deliveries, 67.9% were in the 3-6 week time-frame, 19.8% were under 3 weeks and 12.3% above 6 weeks with 4 & 5 weeks the most common delivery time-frame. The 3-6 week time frame Tesla states is reasonable and not typical "Elon Time."

There were a couple issues as people mentioned above. Tesla did have a shortage of the 18" wheels up to last week. If you look at the deliveries, people with the 18" wheels were on the slower end of the delivery spectrum while people who ordered the 19" were getting theirs quickly (many in under 3 weeks). The second was the stoppage two weeks ago which naturally added wait to all the deliveries.

The good news is that Tesla seems to have gotten plenty of 18" in stock and the last few days of VINs have been almost all 18".

It sucks that your wait has gone on for so long but I feel you will be getting your VIN very soon.

Reactions: Wilsonli
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering whether this happened to any model 3 owner. I placed my deposit on Mar 26th, even since then, I did not heard anything back from tesla. It will be 6th week by May 7th. Tesla said model 3 is supposed to be delivered 3-6 weeks.

I just checked my tesla account, my model 3 still does not have a VIN number assigned. I heard that once VIN number is assigned, which mean the car is in production. Tesla did not even start production on my car in 6 weeks ?

What should I do ? Please help me. I tried to call the customer service. What they told me is just wait.

Thanks everyone.
I placed my deposid on the model 3, on March 17th ... 2016.;) and we do not even know the price yet. In Europe we have been waiting for more than 2 years and it is likely that a third year will be added.
so I would say, be a little patient.;)

my carport is almost ready for a year.
20180404_200626-jpg.291740

20180404_200646-jpg.291741

20180404_200612-jpg.291739

I placed my deposid on the model 3, on March 17th ... 2016.;) and we do not even know the price yet. In Europe we have been waiting for more than 2 years and it is likely that a third year will be added.

20180404_200626-jpg.291740

20180404_200646-jpg.291741

20180404_200612-jpg.291739
Wow. Just wow. Tesla should send you a destination charger for the effort. :D

And I thought I was ambitious when I installed my NEMA 14-50 in December 2016... That looks gorgeous. Fantastic work. I'd be embarrassed to show the tiny little half-finished garage that I use that barely has room to open the door enough to squeeze out. Congratulations on your patience - for what it's worth, it's an amazing car.

Reactions: Xfrank
And I thought I was ambitious when I installed my NEMA 14-50 in December 2016... That looks gorgeous. Fantastic work. I'd be embarrassed to show the tiny little half-finished garage that I use that barely has room to open the door enough to squeeze out. Congratulations on your patience - for what it's worth, it's an amazing car.

thanks,
here you can see the whole story of my garage sinds 2013;)
How to make your own "Tesla garage"

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering whether this happened to any model 3 owner. I placed my deposit on Mar 26th, even since then, I did not heard anything back from tesla. It will be 6th week by May 7th.

I am deeply sorry to hear that. So deeply sorry. No, wait, I am absolutely not!

I placed my deposit on April 1.

Oh, in 2016 that is!

And seconding Xfrank, I too won't get to see my car for at least another year, so no sympathy from my end at all, sorry to say. At least not as long as we get treated as second-class (or worse) customers, just because we happen to live on the wrong side of the pond.

It sucks that your wait has gone on for so long...

Yeah right, six weeks is of course "so long" versus three years, which must seem like an instant to you then. :mad:

It sucks that your wait has gone on for so long...
While I know everyone is joking and our wait is never going to be as bad as the internationals, in all fairness to the OP, it is a six week wait after the two year wait as he is most likely a 3/31/16 reservation holder.

He didn't say that. Nor did it sound like that to me. If it was, I apologize to him for my really angry reply, because that is what I am by now, really p***ed off at Tesla, after three postponements of my delivery window estimate. Like I said before, if there is another push-back, I will cancel my reservation and not look back. Because if they happen to only be able to deliver in 2020, I can get an alternative from an automaker that does know how to deliver on time.

He didn't say that. Nor did it sound like that to me. If it was, I apologize to him for my really angry reply, because that is what I am by now, really p***ed off at Tesla, after three postponements of my delivery window estimate. Like I said before, if there is another push-back, I will cancel my reservation and not look back. Because if they happen to only be able to deliver in 2020, I can get an alternative from an automaker that does know how to deliver on time.

Yes, his initial post was a little vague, however, OP was "invited" to configure in March and that is when he configured and put down a 2nd deposit (non-refundable). I am currently in the same situation as the OP.

I put down the $1000 reservation on 3/31/16 as a non-owner. I was invited to configure and I did requiring a 2nd $2,500 deposit. I am now waiting for my VIN and which point I will need to pay for the car (or have it financed) and Tesla will arrange delivery. Any non-owner that has received an invite to date needed to have reserved within the first 24 hours.

We also all received multiple delivery window delays but am guessing each time we got a delay, your delay was magnified (I think I received two one-month delays and then a three-month delay).

That is really impressive. Thanks for sharing!

I'm a line waiter and configured on 4/10, but no VIN yet. I know we need to be patient, but it's tough seeing some folks who ordered online get VIN and delivery before those who stood around waiting! Ack... refresh, refresh...