Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 hazard light switch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it just me, or do others think the hazard light switch on the M3 is far too difficult to find in a hurry especially at night? It is illuminated but only if you look up at it from below!

It's not just you. It doesn't help that it's right next to the emergency call button ... thank goodness a screen option pops up when you press that one so you can cancel it!

Reactions: drewpost and Jez_GB
Someone on this forum a while back reported that they had been connected to 999 !! One to avoid unless in extremis.
Yes I can confirm, was quite a shock. I was expecting it to connect to Tesla Breakdown and instead had "Emergency, which service?"

...flashes all the lights on me or after sudden breaking
I thought something had gone wrong with the car, was thinking of reporting this as a service item. How do I switch this off?

Most cars do that these days to prevent someone going into the back of you after a sudden stop.

Yes understand the hard braking thing but it has happened a few time when waiting in traffic with AP on, that it suddenly AP disengages and the hazards start flashing for no reason as if I had just slammed the brakes on, hopefully fixed now though through an update

The AP stops the car, disengages drive and puts the hazard lights on if you fail to nudge the steering, even if you are stationary in a queue. I found it is easy to miss the reminders to nudge the wheel when stationary. The behaviour is as described in the manual and is not a bug.