Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Headlights Dazzling Others!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To those people being flashed at - sorry its probably me as I fumble around trying to sort out the auto dip.
That's utter garbage, when I initially had it on when the car was new I was always getting flashed (particularly by lorry drivers) but switching it off cured me being flashed. I've tried it again after a couple of different software updates but still end up getting flashed.

I take it back about saying the "auto level process" adjusts the lights fully up then fully down and leaves you to adjust from there. I now think it leaves the lights at the last adjusted position which does make a lot more sense.

I think Tesla had just pointed my lights down as far as they could go!

So I found a country lane and had a good play. I then took the car to Kwik Fit (Newcastle under Lyme) the guys were very helpful and let me watch the adjustment process. I'd got the drivers light spot on in their words and the passenger light just needed lifting up a little more. I've not tried them out since but I'm looking forward to it. The final position is way different to how the SC left them! Having said that I'm pleased with the other job the SC undertook that day. But still - more care and attention is needed.

Exactly the same - constant flashing. My solution: 1. Park in front of wall (in the dark...) and adjust headlights down. 2. Turn off auto high beam as it never turns itself off in time - front isn't bad but back is way too slow and quite honestly, is it really that much help?

I am noticing several M3 and MYs that are dazzling me with their lights. I checked mine and they were also very high. I wonder if a software update has messed with the light settings?

Anyone else noticing this?
This is quite common, however an easy fix. Go into the cars menu, service, adjust headlights - when you enter the headlights will start to do a test and they dance about for a few seconds - once they have stopped dancing just exit the menu - DO NOT ADJUST EITHER HEADLIGHT.
You will now find your lights set at the default setting.

If you make an adjustment to either or both lights then upon exit that will be the saved default.

Reactions: M1tch