Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Heater Blows Cold Air

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought my Model 3 last June and brought it to South Korea with me and now experiencing my first Winter here. Really frustrated how the heater does not work. I’ve watched YouTube videos explaining how it needs time to heat the battery before the heater blows warm air. I’ve driven it on long trips lately (1 hour minimum) and heater did not kick in at all. Car seat heats up right away but heater blows only cold air. Worse is that the nearest Tesla “service center” is a couple of hours away. Does anyone here have any good advice on this issue? Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue, I always left my setting at 19Celsius. I have a feeling that from time to time, the cold air is a result of the car diverting the heat to the battery temporarily? When I found cold air coming in, I increased to 23C cabin interior, and heat came back, then I reduced it again to 19C

The heating system is the biggest thing that I don't like about my 3. I HATE that it blows cold air after reaching the set temp vs lowering to a slow speed of hot air. The solution I use is to leave it on HI but have it set to 1. That usually is enough to keep the temps inside nice without the hot air cold air flip flop that it does. I think you should try setting it to HI and if it doesn't get hot.. there is deff a problem with your system.