TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Heating Options

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Pandamoanium, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Pandamoanium

Pandamoanium Member

People with a Model 3, I noticed there is not an option for a heated steering wheel. So aside from standard heat and heated seats, does the 3 have the option for heated front/back windshields, side mirrors and the headed wiper zone like the S/X?

2. PLUGZIN

PLUGZIN Member

You should be able to see the horizontal heating wires in the rear window glass. Front and bank defrosting are controlled from the stationary “buttons” at the bottom of the screen. I think the side mirrors are heated; but there is not driver control of them.

3. Pandamoanium

Pandamoanium Member

Thanks for the info. Does it have the heated wiper area by any chance?

4. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

No.

5. PLUGZIN

PLUGZIN Member

You are very welcome; I don't think it has a heated wiper area. I'm in California so while defroster (front and rear) is needed; without snow or ice present I have no way of telling if there is a heated wiper area. I do wish it had a heated steering wheel; even in Southern California there are a handful of early mornings it would be nice.

6. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they come on when you activate the rear defroster.

Yep, from the manual:

7. PLUGZIN

PLUGZIN Member

MP3Mike; thanks for the information. Guess I didn't catch that in the manual. Makes sense to turn on with rear window defroster.