Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Heatpump soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
Could this be evidence of a Heatpump arriving for new model 3's?

QKwwbh2.jpeg

Imagine on the right shows a different frunk mould as reported by some German owners that received their cars this month.

Looks like there's no room to install frunk clips and also the sides of the frunk well appear slimmer.

Can anyone in the UK that's collected this month confirm if their frunk matches the image on the left or right?

Reactions: jbcarioca
Believe this is just the newer designed and easier to install frunk insert. Would be easy fo Tesla to do a running change when/if they update to heat pump.

Interesting that so many people were bonkers about getting the new heat pump, until they noticed you could hear it running while the induction heater was totally silent. Now some post they wish they had the older technology and silent running.

I guess this could be part of the reason why they stopped providing frunk hooks and frunk mats as standard if they were planning to deprecate the original frunk design and were concerned about having excess parts left over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adopado
Does that mean my newly acquired baggage hooks (purchased well prior to delivery) will now be redundant because there won't be anywhere to fit them :(

Doesn't look like the new arrangement allows for any kind of baggage hook to be fitted any more.

How am I supposed to bring my bags of fish & chips home now?
Bereft I am. :eek:

Haha I actually did the fish and chips in my trunk last week. Works a treat!!

Does that mean my newly acquired baggage hooks (purchased well prior to delivery) will now be redundant because there won't be anywhere to fit them :(

Doesn't look like the new arrangement allows for any kind of baggage hook to be fitted any more.

How am I supposed to bring my bags of fish & chips home now?
Bereft I am. :eek:

A proper Tesla owner autosteers the way home snacking the chips on their lap. Why else would you self-drive on city streets?

Hi, my M3 LR collected on 1 September has the 'old' style frunk. Assume all other RHD variants are still being shipped with the older version then?

Does this mean heat pumps (if they are coming to the M3) are likely to be added to LHD before our market?

Hi, my M3 LR collected on 1 September has the 'old' style frunk. Assume all other RHD variants are still being shipped with the older version then?

Does this mean heat pumps (if they are coming to the M3) are likely to be added to LHD before our market?
That's really strange, I picked up on the 1st and got the "new one" - the one on the right.

Interesting! My VIN starts 761, are you later? My car was on the Grand Dahlia, not the Glovis Captain so perhaps those cars built from the very end of July got the new frunk?
Very interesting!! Mine was also on the Dahlia and I got a 761 VIN too a 2020 build. I personally prefer the older style, at least you can get the frunk clips.