Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Heatpump soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, my M3 LR collected on 1 September has the 'old' style frunk. Assume all other RHD variants are still being shipped with the older version then?
Does this mean heat pumps (if they are coming to the M3) are likely to be added to LHD before our market?

My guess is that they fit parts until they run out of them/get new in stock and the VIN is only a guess.
My Feb 2020 car should have the "noise maker" speaker installed according to reports but doesn't as I quite fancy the Polynesian Lift music.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel and ringi
Could this be evidence of a Heatpump arriving for new model 3's?

View attachment 579095

Imagine on the right shows a different frunk mould as reported by some German owners that received their cars this month.

Looks like there's no room to install frunk clips and also the sides of the frunk well appear slimmer.

Can anyone in the UK that's collected this month confirm if their frunk matches the image on the left or right?

New frunk looks smaller?

If you watch the Fully Charged Model Y review there is a direct comparison with the original Model 3 Frunk. Because the Y's is deeper & bigger overall I find it hard to believe that this is exactly the same moulding as I've seen some people speculate, especially as the Y is a wider, taller car. Those pictures at the start of this thread make the new moulding look shallower on the Model 3 version.

It's most likely just a new one for the 3 & with that much deeper rear shelf it also looks slightly smaller overall (maybe adding to the reasoning that this might be for a future Model 3 heat pump though, otherwise why change if it's not the Y moulding?)

Maybe aesthetics, to have more visual consistency between the two cars? Unlikely though, I guess.

Could be that they wanted to get rid of the frunk hooks holes, since they weren't supplying those anymore.

Adding heat pump later is also possible.

I can also confirm that still getting the old style in 70 plate cars.

Where is the best place to order frunk hooks?

Mine came from Ebay I think but also available on Amazon and AliExpress.
They all come from China but amazingly for around a fiver a pair they arrive in not more than a week.
You may find some UK suppliers selling them as well.

They are so good a match that I wonder if Musk fell out with a Chinese supplier who was left with millions of them.

Reactions: j1mgg