Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 -Help- My parking garage moved vehicle with dollies - How to check for damage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Came back from a few days away and my car had been moved about 20 feet back into another spot so they could do structural work on the underground garage that I park in at my condo. They'd been doing work for a while in other parts of the garage but never told me I had to move my car from my reserved spot - or I would have done so!

Anyhow, the car seemed ok (I moved it to another space far from the construction - my car is covered in dust already). The garage attendant said that they use dollies to move the cars out of the spots.

My question is this: Can using dollies (and I assume the jackpoints) damage the car/battery tray? Obviously the move wasn't done by someone with specific knowledge of Teslas, but if I don't see any physical damage on the sides of the car, am I in the clear? I can't get underneath the car to check - maybe I should bring it to a service center early tomorrow?

Thanks - that sounds like what he described - and they had to move other cars as well, so guessing this is how they would do it.
I just went back downstairs and double checked for visible damage - the car is so dirty it's hard to see if they did any cosmetic damage from pushing, etc. but should be ok. I also felt around the jack points - they felt normal/smooth - nothing felt rough/damaged so far as I can tell. The garage and the construction company are both well-known, so hopefully they had a lot of experience doing this type of tow-less vehicle jockeying.

Came back from a few days away and my car had been moved about 20 feet back into another spot so they could do structural work on the underground garage that I park in at my condo. They'd been doing work for a while in other parts of the garage but never told me I had to move my car from my reserved spot - or I would have done so!

Anyhow, the car seemed ok (I moved it to another space far from the construction - my car is covered in dust already). The garage attendant said that they use dollies to move the cars out of the spots.

My question is this: Can using dollies (and I assume the jackpoints) damage the car/battery tray? Obviously the move wasn't done by someone with specific knowledge of Teslas, but if I don't see any physical damage on the sides of the car, am I in the clear? I can't get underneath the car to check - maybe I should bring it to a service center early tomorrow?

If your worried about it I’d take it to a mechanic and check the underside/ undercarriage for anything visual, check the bushings and all that
I find it a bit ridiculous that they didn’t put up any signage or give you warning not to park there and then move your property without consent with the possibility of damaging your car

If your worried about it I’d take it to a mechanic and check the underside/ undercarriage for anything visual, check the bushings and all that
I find it a bit ridiculous that they didn’t put up any signage or give you warning not to park there and then move your property without consent with the possibility of damaging your car

or get Tesla to check it out just to be sure