Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 hire - SIXT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our Model 3 likely arrives in Feb, when I will be overseas. My wife is a bit anxious about picking it up and driving it herself, so we've booked a one day rental with SIXT. The only location I was able to confirm had availability in Melbourne was the airport. So 24 hours at $125 (plus the usual airport add-on fees) is a pretty good deal, I think. I reckon at the end of this she'll be very comfortable.

Anyone else in this situation might want to check into SIXT. I had a great experience hiring a Mercedes wagon from them in Scotland before COVID, so am pleased to see them in Australia with Teslas.

The hire was a very good experience. We both feel comfortable driving the M3 now and the wife has no anxiety about taking delivery herself if I'm away. SIXT give you a Chargefox card, for more options if a Tesla charger isn't available. No need to charge before returning, which is excellent.
Just wondering, do they give you full access to the model 3 and not valet mode? Hoping to use autopilot (not FSD I assume) on roadtrip down great Ocean road (more for the boring drive to the start of great Ocean road). Would be good to use my current Tesla account also as the key.

Just wondering, do they give you full access to the model 3 and not valet mode? Hoping to use autopilot (not FSD I assume) on roadtrip down great Ocean road (more for the boring drive to the start of great Ocean road). Would be good to use my current Tesla account also as the key.
It had full access. Don't know if you can use your account.

If driving all the way down the GOR, strongly suggest lunch at The Perch Lavers Hill. Excellent. They're planning to install a destination charger. Great food and scenic location. It's our local.

Reactions: TaslaSR+