Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 hits Tampa International Mall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday Tampa Intl Mall Store displayed a red Model 3. There was a short, roughly 15 minute, line in the afternoon.
Visitors were allowed two minutes inside the car while a sales associate answered questions. They had no idea when a car would be available for test drives. Seeing Model 3s in the area now and then.

A privately owned Model 3 was on display at the St Petersburg, FL Festival of Speed several weeks ago. No one allowed in the car but you could examine it thru the open windows. I was surprised at the minimal interest shown in the car. Only a few folks occasionally looking.

First one I’d seen in person and I looked it over carefully. Assembly quality wasn’t excellent but not as bad as I had expected after reading some comments here.

• Disagree
Reactions: tomas
Why? What do you think could realistically happen on a test drive that would result in a sale that isn’t already happening?

Ummm.... things that really cannot be communicated through reading or watching other people driving one online. Comfort, noises, ride quality, road noise, seating feel, headroom or lack of, driving visibility, entry and exiting of various body types, exterior looks and color selection, et cetera, et cetera. Not everyone puts $1000 deposits on vehicles they cannot try out and will not take delivery 'soon'.

A privately owned Model 3 was on display at the St Petersburg, FL Festival of Speed several weeks ago. No one allowed in the car but you could examine it thru the open windows. I was surprised at the minimal interest shown in the car. Only a few folks occasionally looking.

First one I’d seen in person and I looked it over carefully. Assembly quality wasn’t excellent but not as bad as I had expected after reading some comments here.
That was mine! You must have caught it at a slow time because there was a bunch of people crowded around the car most of the afternoon. The car was driven in by a friend, but I didn't get there until about 1pm. It was hilarious to see a number of people run right past a matte wrapped Lamborghini in order to get to my humble Model 3.
IMG_0935.jpg

Reactions: GSP and jas
Ummm.... things that really cannot be communicated through reading or watching other people driving one online. Comfort, noises, ride quality, road noise, seating feel, headroom or lack of, driving visibility, entry and exiting of various body types, exterior looks and color selection, et cetera, et cetera. Not everyone puts $1000 deposits on vehicles they cannot try out and will not take delivery 'soon'.

I agree, and once they go through the list of reservations of people willing to take delivery without a Tesla store test drive, then they will start offering test drives.

I agree, and once they go through the list of reservations of people willing to take delivery without a Tesla store test drive, then they will start offering test drives.

A lack of a test drive can cause potential sales from happening but I guess a test drive might also cause some to choose to cancel their model 3 reservation to either purchase another EV or wait for a later Tesla purchase.

@jas- You are absolutely right, but since Tesla is still claiming a 450,000 reservation backlog they don't need to concern themselves [yet] with appeasing those that will need a test drive first. By the way, I am pretty sure we have someone with a blue Model 3 in Apollo Beach (or at least someone who visits the area a lot).

angel