Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 homelink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the list of changes I didn't see reference to home link being installed as standard. Actually, I'm not even sure it's available anymore in the UK so I wouldn't bank on it.

My current garage door has a small remote about 3cm in size so I used 3M double tape to tape it to inside of the door of the centre console. All I then need to do is pop open the door and press it. Saved me 300 quid and worries about homelink not being supported.

• Love
Reactions: Watts_Up and M3noob
Does anyone know if the 2021 refresh model 3 will have homelink installed on it

No.

Unless you are 100% sure it will work with your devices, I wouldn't bother to pay to have it retrospectively fitted either. We have 3 devices that we wanted to use it with, 2 won't initiate the program sequence and on the one that does, it looks like it needs the more advanced programming sequence and access, which we do not have, to the device electronics to complete the sequence.

A compatibility device does exist as an option, but again, that needs access to the device electronics.

Its a shame, as operationally, the way the device options appears on screen when you pull up to a gate, door etc, is very neat. Would save us fumbling around for one of several remote controls.

No.

Unless you are 100% sure it will work with your devices, I wouldn't bother to pay to have it retrospectively fitted either. We have 3 devices that we wanted to use it with, 2 won't initiate the program sequence and on the one that does, it looks like it needs the more advanced programming sequence and access, which we do not have, to the device electronics to complete the sequence.

A compatibility device does exist as an option, but again, that needs access to the device electronics.

Its a shame, as operationally, the way the device options appears on screen when you pull up to a gate, door etc, is very neat. Would save us fumbling around for one of several remote controls.

We have homelink on our MS which is a godsend and if we move to a M3 then it is something we will definitely go for. As well as appearing on screen as you approach, it will automatically trigger too at a pre set distance. We have a big powered sliding gate which starts to open when we are 25 yards away and automatically closes when as leave. The trigger can be set to a different distance for entry or exit. It can also be operated independently on the app which can be handy sometimes.