TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 - Hood Wrap Badge Removal

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Oneleven, May 30, 2018.

1. Oneleven

Oneleven New Member

Hey Everyone,

I am picking up my Model 3 next week and am looking at getting the front end wrapped in Xpel Ultimate Film. One installer has told me that he would like to remove the front T badge from the hood to as it will give a cleaner install. I understand from the Xpel web page that the placement of the badge cutout in the template is not perfect.

I am looking to see if anyone else has removed the front badge to install the hood wrap and if you did, how did you put it back on or where did you buy a new one.

Thanks!

2. corpomonkey

corpomonkey Member

I was looking into getting the front part of the car wrapped and the installer told me that he prefers to remove the badge, apply the wrap on the hood, and then buy a new emblem from the Tesla service center and install the new one. He said reusing the old one might not turn out well since it gets bent a little during removal.

I was quoted $2200 for front fenders, hood, bumper, and front of 2 side view mirrors. All with Xpel Ultimate.

3. RedT3

RedT3 Member

I just got a full expel ultimate car wrap for 3900. The car is badgeless now. We are waiting for 2 weeks for everything settle before they install new T badges. We have an optiom to switch color on badge but we chose OEM since I have a red car

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. shrike

shrike Member

I got a full frontal SunTek wrap and the installer removed the front badge. He'll install a new one when he can get it, but was told they are on backorder.

Still debating putting the badge back on, since it's a clean look without it.

IMG_20180519_154304.jpg

5. kev1n

kev1n Member

usually the installer would cut out their own template and put it back on(i have heard from these installers that the emblem is never in the same spot from factory, few of my friends that wrapped their model 3 chose not to put the emblem back on for a different look

6. Skione65

Skione65 Member

@RedT3,

OMG that’s Gorgeous!!! Looks absolutely Incredible! They did a great job. Love it.

Ski