Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Hood Wrap Badge Removal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone,

I am picking up my Model 3 next week and am looking at getting the front end wrapped in Xpel Ultimate Film. One installer has told me that he would like to remove the front T badge from the hood to as it will give a cleaner install. I understand from the Xpel web page that the placement of the badge cutout in the template is not perfect.

I am looking to see if anyone else has removed the front badge to install the hood wrap and if you did, how did you put it back on or where did you buy a new one.

Thanks!

I was looking into getting the front part of the car wrapped and the installer told me that he prefers to remove the badge, apply the wrap on the hood, and then buy a new emblem from the Tesla service center and install the new one. He said reusing the old one might not turn out well since it gets bent a little during removal.

I was quoted $2200 for front fenders, hood, bumper, and front of 2 side view mirrors. All with Xpel Ultimate.

I just got a full expel ultimate car wrap for 3900. The car is badgeless now. We are waiting for 2 weeks for everything settle before they install new T badges. We have an optiom to switch color on badge but we chose OEM since I have a red car

Attachments

• EE8A6B48-32B3-4ED4-8AEA-44C2517A40A0.jpeg
    EE8A6B48-32B3-4ED4-8AEA-44C2517A40A0.jpeg
    584.6 KB · Views: 1,010
I got a full frontal SunTek wrap and the installer removed the front badge. He'll install a new one when he can get it, but was told they are on backorder.

Still debating putting the badge back on, since it's a clean look without it.

IMG_20180519_154304.jpg

usually the installer would cut out their own template and put it back on(i have heard from these installers that the emblem is never in the same spot from factory, few of my friends that wrapped their model 3 chose not to put the emblem back on for a different look

Hey Everyone,

I am picking up my Model 3 next week and am looking at getting the front end wrapped in Xpel Ultimate Film. One installer has told me that he would like to remove the front T badge from the hood to as it will give a cleaner install. I understand from the Xpel web page that the placement of the badge cutout in the template is not perfect.

I am looking to see if anyone else has removed the front badge to install the hood wrap and if you did, how did you put it back on or where did you buy a new one.

Thanks!
My installer removed the badge, applied 3M tape to the back of it and reapplied it after the wrap... Looks like new.

A real professional installer knows how to re-install these emblems. The installer who wrapped the hood of my Model-3 removed the emblem with a fishing wire, put the vinyl over the hood and re-installed the emblem on, the placement is exact position as before.

You can always measure the emblem placement and take notes before removal, then make your own template using painters tape with your measurements for install.

Fishing wire works well and use a heat gun on the low setting for easier removal. Rubbing alcohol and micro fiber towels can get the residue off without damaging the paint.