Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 HOV Sticker Tracker (Blue HOV)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello-

I wanted to see if anyone in the forum has submitted their HOV sticker for 2021. (2021-2025)

I sent the DMV my payment and form's on the first week of January. I called the bank today and DMV still has not cashed the check. I had a tracker on the letter I sent, so I know it arrive to the correct location.

Has anyone received their Blue 2021 HOV sticker? Can anyone share the DMV's normal processing time?

I am assuming the DMV has a backlog due to new owners submitting and less staff due to the pandemic?

Thanks

On thread topic, processing time when I got mine in the beginning of 2019 seemed to be 6 ish weeks.

==========================

(moderator note: Removed "master thread" from thread title, as moderators use that to denote sticky threads, and this thread is not currently a sticky thread. Also, this is a California topic, so moved to CA sub forum).

On thread topic, processing time when I got mine in the beginning of 2019 seemed to be 6 ish weeks.

==========================

(moderator note: Removed "master thread" from thread title, as moderators use that to denote sticky threads, and this thread is not currently a sticky thread. Also, this is a California topic, so moved to CA sub forum).

So we’re looking at 12 weeks with the Pandemic.

ding ding!
Pretty much, the incentive will end. Ensue sad noises.
Looks like CA picked an odd day to kill the CAV program:
“Please note that the CAV decal program will end, and any remaining valid decals will expire on September 30, 2025.”
I don’t know the relevance to the Sept. 30th date… but why it go to the end of the year?

Anyone know if the only option is to Mail it or does AAA process it too?
I sent mine in Jan 4. Still haven’t seen the $20 check be cashed in as well, so doubt they’ve processed it.

Although I think mine will be delayed. I changed my initial plates to my “PP” Press Photographer Plates, so I think they’re going to kick it back and make me re-do it.
I had an e-Golf that I traded in for my M3, and I miss my HOV access. Sigh.

808BOB - Access to HOV lanes is regulated by the US Department of Transportation. The exemption to allow EV's to use HOV lanes expires on September 30, 2025, which is the end of the federal government fiscal year. This applies to all states, not just California. I don't know why or if this exemption may be extended. Alternative Fuels Data Center: High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Lane Exemption

Looks like CA picked an odd day to kill the CAV program:
“Please note that the CAV decal program will end, and any remaining valid decals will expire on September 30, 2025.”
I don’t know the relevance to the Sept. 30th date… but why it go to the end of the year?
does this mean that no can "single occupy" the HOV lane even with stickers after that date?