Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 HW3 retrofit questions, wait time, issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just stopped in at the Lawrenceville/Princeton NJ SC and asked if they could check my VIN. Apparently my VIN is ready for the upgrade. Would’ve been nice to get some notification, but I kind of expected not. Apparently the issue with duration of installation is not with the install itself but more of a software/FW thing since they have to match the unit to your vehicle, etc. Was informed it could be same day but most likely overnight before its completed.

I had an appointment for some warranty related work and after reading this these posts I have modified my appointment with HW 3.0 upgrade request. Just got a text stating that "The hardware 3.0 parts are on order. If there are any delays, we will be in touch." Will see, maybe this is my turn also!

I have 2019 M3 LR AWD VIN#: 205XXX

I see what you did.. lol :rolleyes: childish stuff. Since I disagree with this statement, you go thru my posts and mark all as disagreed irrespective of that post is relevant or not, even for a question? Wow!Wow!.

Just got mine back. Same story, firmware issues took extra half day. Also killed my 12v battery, which they replaced. In the process losing homelink, Bluetooth, trip meter, home location, and Wifi settings. Bummer, but that’s life in the big city. Still calibrating.

Patiently waiting in Oklahoma for a HW3 upgrade with a 094xxx VIN. Definitely hoping mobile service can handle it so a trip to Dallas SC is not necessary.

Attachments

• 6672508C-841A-4D2F-886A-3EF918A5443E.jpeg
    6672508C-841A-4D2F-886A-3EF918A5443E.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 48
If Tesla thinks it can push out a plausible FSD implementation by March 31, then HW3 upgrade surge could be related to end-of-quarter revenue push.

Tesla may not be able to “recognize” - book - FSD payments as income until it has delivered the product/feature.

Just trying to connect some dots...HW3-FSD-31 March.

• Informative
Reactions: tomas
Patiently waiting in Oklahoma for a HW3 upgrade with a 094xxx VIN. Definitely hoping mobile service can handle it so a trip to Dallas SC is not necessary.

It was my understanding Mobile can’t do these upgrades due to the required coolant issue. Is this not the case? Have there been ANY mobile installs yet? I mean I just changed my appointment from Mobile to the SC as that’s what they’re doing and didn’t want my appointment pushed back.

Ski

Just got mine back. Same story, firmware issues took extra half day. Also killed my 12v battery, which they replaced. In the process losing homelink, Bluetooth, trip meter, home location, and Wifi settings. Bummer, but that’s life in the big city. Still calibrating.
it's odd the only thing I lost was bluetooth phone setup, phone as key, homelink, Wifi even all remained as setup prior.

Dropped mine off yesterday and got it back same day. No issues so far and only took about three minutes for me to go through all the settings and configure them back to where I wanted. Calibration was at 91% when I picked it up and finished on my short drive home. Happy to have the HW installed and now eagerly awaiting software

Dropped mine off at Tyson's VA yesterday morning. Originally was told it wouldn't be ready until after 5pm today. They gave me Uber credits. Around 2pm yesterday got a text saying it was in a bay being worked on. About 3pm got a notice in the app that a software update was complete. At 4pm got a text telling me it was ready. So the actual work took like 2 hours. Picked it up this morning. Most of my settings were gone. Most annoying is using the sound system's EQ settings. (Tip: snap a picture of those ahead of time.)

The traffic cone and traffic light visualizations are cool. The backup camera looks noticeably more hi res. Autopilot finished recalibrating after about 5-10 miles.

They are really streamlining the service center personnel. I did not interact with anyone in person when dropping off or picking up my car. Pulled in, left the key in it, checked in at the kiosk, received my Uber credits, and left. When they texted me that the car was ready, they said it's parked in the side lot, just get in and go. I think this is a good approach. You can talk to service if you want to, but for many visits there's absolutely no reason to.

My Navigate on Autopilot has really gone to hell. Used to be able to use it reliably on commute to work in heavy 5 lane interstate traffic at speed, but now it's worst than worthless - it's downright scary! Is this because I have HW 2.5 and not HW 3? Should I stop using FSD features (including NoA) until I get the HW3 upgrade?