Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 HW3 retrofits in New England?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 9/2018 Vin 77xxx Model 3 AWD is in Dedham as we speak getting the HW3 retrofit. I tried to directly schedule this last month and they told me my VIN wasnt selected. I went in last week for a few minor warranty things, and they told me there is a few campaigns they are fixing on my vehicle, and I would be getting the new FSD computer! I must have hit the lottery or something.

My 9/2018 Vin 77xxx Model 3 AWD is in Dedham as we speak getting the HW3 retrofit. I tried to directly schedule this last month and they told me my VIN wasnt selected. I went in last week for a few minor warranty things, and they told me there is a few campaigns they are fixing on my vehicle, and I would be getting the new FSD computer! I must have hit the lottery or something.
Thanks for the feedback. I also tried directly scheduling last month and they told me the same thing which I expected. Got my Model 3 early last year so planning on scheduling warranty service in February so will be interested if my VIN# is about to come up.

I tried scheduling last month without success too, vin 07XXX (04/19, SR+ w/FSD). Havent needed to take it to the shop for anything up to this point, so I'll probably try again in Feb and see if I get lucky

Don't bother. They're reaching out to people to schedule already. Trying to schedule over and over just means you're wasting someone's time when they have to look into the case and cancel it.

They certainly aren't going in VIN order, then, because my VIN is 63XXX, I've got a P3D from 8/2018, I reserved the car pre-event. I purchased FSD when it was $2,000 though after having already owned EAP.
Tesla is certainly not scheduling in VIn# order or Delivery order. Like everything else with Tesla trying to figure out their scheduling is like trying to nail jello to a tree:)

• Funny
Reactions: DrDabbles
Thanks for the feedback. I also tried directly scheduling last month and they told me the same thing which I expected. Got my Model 3 early last year so planning on scheduling warranty service in February so will be interested if my VIN# is about to come up.

FYI when my brother called about Model 3 warranty service a little before his first anniversary, the service people told him there is no 1-year service, just 2-year.

Mine is in Watertown today! Dropped off around 8:30 this morning, and was told it would be done around 4:30. I was offered a loaner or Uber credits, but took the Uber with the expectation I'd be able to pick up and drive home after work.

::fingers crossed::

Mine is in Watertown today! Dropped off around 8:30 this morning, and was told it would be done around 4:30. I was offered a loaner or Uber credits, but took the Uber with the expectation I'd be able to pick up and drive home after work.

::fingers crossed::
Let us know how it works out.

I made an appointment last weekend through the app. It originally had me make a mobile appointment for this week. I assumed there was no way they could do it via mobile service, but I wanted to see what would happen. The next day it automatically got rescheduled to an appointment at Watertown for the 25th. I'm not going to be here next week so I rescheduled that appointment in the app, and was able to select 3/2.

I was surprised that it didn't get canceled and that I was able to make appointments on relatively short notice.
Keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out.

(I have a model 3 with VIN number 024XXX.)

Let us know how it works out.

I made an appointment last weekend through the app. It originally had me make a mobile appointment for this week. I assumed there was no way they could do it via mobile service, but I wanted to see what would happen. The next day it automatically got rescheduled to an appointment at Watertown for the 25th. I'm not going to be here next week so I rescheduled that appointment in the app, and was able to select 3/2.

I was surprised that it didn't get canceled and that I was able to make appointments on relatively short notice.
Keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out.

(I have a model 3 with VIN number 024XXX.)

68xxx VIN July 2018 build/August 2018 delivery

Took 6 hours, but got it back the same day. Unfortunately, they wiped it. Trip odometers and all.

Other than that, no apparent issues yet

Just finished my computer upgrade today. Overall a great experience. Dropped the car off around 9 AM and it was done by 2, although I don't think they actually started working on it until sometime between 11 and 12. They also performed the charge port pin replacement since my car was apparently covered by that bulletin.

My computer seemed to come back with no issues. All of my odometers and user profiles were still there. I asked the service adviser about it, and he claimed it is about 50/50 as to whether the computer gets wiped in the process or not.

He also said they were typically doing 3 to 4 upgrades a day, so it sounds like they are getting fairly proficient at it.

The computer had to calibrate on the ride home. It started showing the new visualizations right away (stops signs, traffic lights, cones ,etc...) but it didn't show any other cars until the calibration was done.

One thing I noticed was that the options related to automatic lane changes for navigate on autopilot are currently grayed out. (even after calibration finished) Not sure if those will come back at some point. Haven't tried navigate on autopilot yet, so I don't know they work or not yet.

I have to say the service center (Watertown) seemed a lot calmer than when I was there last year to pick up my winter wheels. I could actually drive through the parking lot and get a parking spot, and there were no other customers waiting inside at all. I'm hoping this means that they are getting on top of the service situation. (Now the issue is superchargers, I noticed that the superchargers seemed to be way more full on my recent road trip than on previous ones. Luckily I don't need to use them very often. It would be really nice if Tesla figures out a way to either standardize with other charging system or offer adapters to give as many charging options as possible)

Reactions: aronth5
Just finished my computer upgrade today. Overall a great experience. Dropped the car off around 9 AM and it was done by 2, although I don't think they actually started working on it until sometime between 11 and 12. They also performed the charge port pin replacement since my car was apparently covered by that bulletin.
My computer seemed to come back with no issues. All of my odometers and user profiles were still there. I asked the service adviser about it, and he claimed it is about 50/50 as to whether the computer gets wiped in the process or not.
Great to hear. I have my 2 year warranty visit confirmed for the end of March and haven't heard if the computer upgrade will be included but remain optimistic.

I have an appointment for Friday for just the FSD upgrade. My 3 is VIN 22xxx, June 2018 delivery. So far, I have not heard back from them, I just made the appointment last week on the phone app. The app does say that prep is done and they are working on the cost estimate (which won't be applicable here, just a generic stage). I'm not sure what having the prep stage complete on the app means.

Interesting to see such a wide range of estimates of how long it takes here. We will see. I am planning to visit some museums in the area depending on how long it takes since I have the day off work anyway.

I have an appointment for Friday for just the FSD upgrade. My 3 is VIN 22xxx, June 2018 delivery. So far, I have not heard back from them, I just made the appointment last week on the phone app. The app does say that prep is done and they are working on the cost estimate (which won't be applicable here, just a generic stage). I'm not sure what having the prep stage complete on the app means.

Interesting to see such a wide range of estimates of how long it takes here. We will see. I am planning to visit some museums in the area depending on how long it takes since I have the day off work anyway.
I just got this done yesterday. I never got any estimate or anything through the app. just said that they were preparing the estimate the whole time. I did get a couple of texts confirming my upcoming appointment on the day or 2 prior. (seemed automated)
The upgrade went fine, took 5 hours from drop-off, although I suspect less time actually working on it.
No charge, they just gave me my car back at the end. No paperwork was given to me digitally or physically.

• Informative
Reactions: WhiteMountains

I presume this was a Model 3, correct?

Did my upgrade yesterday morning. Got one of the first appointments of the day and it took just over 2 hours. The only issues were that the preview menu option was grayed out due to being in an unsupported region (this disappeared after a couple of minutes and the customer service guy said that he had never seen it before) and a small hardware issue with opening the glove compartment that was fixed in just a couple of minutes. Garage door opener still works and settings look good, but I haven’t checked thoroughly yet.