Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 HW3 retrofits in New England?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had scheduled a mobile service on Sunday night with a note asking if I was eligible for HW3 upgrade. They sent me a message on Monday morning telling me that I am on their list for the upgrade but will have to visit one of the service centers to get it done. So I have now scheduled for next Wednesday at Dedham center.

I was initially worried if they would have the parts in stock in such a short notice, but looking at the update on this thread, I don't have to be worried it seems.

Mine is LR-AWD, VIN in 71k, delivered Sept 2018.

I was finally scheduled for 2 year warranty service this Friday but have decided to push the service off for now. I have a family member with underlying health conditions who just came home from a hospitalization yesterday so I need to be extra careful.
For those who have had the retrofit done when did Tesla let you know your M3 would or would not get the HW3 upgrade?
I did mention the HW3 upgrade along with several other items I wanted Tesla to look at. I was surprised I hadn't heard anything by today especially since there is a good chance my older M3 could not be done in a day.

Had my 2 year warranty appointment today and had the HW3 upgrade done. All done in 3 hours which was a pleasant surprise. Wonder if they had 2 techs working on the car.
Dropped my car off and picked up a Model X loaner all done via text messaging. Never had to speak with anyone. Just made sure I wiped everything clean.
Cool to see the visualizations. Was a little surprised how close you had to be to the intersection before you see the lights/stop sign.
Hopefully they are actually picking up the lights further away since drivers need to make decisions related to lights before the visualizations appear.

Reactions: Tdreamer
I just requested a HW3 upgrade on Friday 4/10/20 and I was given an appointment for Monday morning today 4/13/20 at the Tesla service center in Watertown, MA. Dropped the car off at 8 am and was given a older Model S P85+ a 2014 with 53K on it. Car was fine I always wondered what the early Model S cars were like and now I know. I like the room and ride bit I still like my 3. By 11 Am I received a text my car was ready and I picked it up. No fuss, no issues and they even replaced the battery breather valve. My battery was making an oil caning banging sound on elevation changes and some super charging sessions. I hope this solves it, it should it appeared to be a pressure differential issue where the valve was opening at too great a differential.
HW3 upgrades are happening it appears they are in stock and have the replacement dialed in.

Got my HW3 upgrade done today at Dedham. I was in the SC for about 3.5 hrs. Annoying thing is that even after they did the 2020.12.5 update for me, it's still trying to download an update and is stuck at 100%. I've already scheduled a follow-up appt.

I just got my HW3 upgrade done at the new service center is Peabody. Scheduled it using the app, the only trouble was getting the part in took longer than expected so they pushed it out a couple of weeks. Dropped off at 10am and it was ready at 3:30pm, they didn't start working on it immediately as the bays were filled. Overall a very easy experience.

For those that have upgraded successfully -
Since you need to schedule appointments in the app - which category do you book the HW3 upgrade under?
Accessories->Upgrades&installations
Software->Update/
Software->Driver assistance features
Other
?

Thanks!

For my Model X, I selected Upgrades & Installations. Requested the entertainment system upgrade + FSD computer upgrade in the notes. I was coming from MCU1/AP2.5. The appointment was requested two weeks ago and work completed today in Watertown. I won't be able to pickup my car for at least a day due to some parts inbound for an unrelated sensor issue they were fixing.

For those that have upgraded successfully -
Since you need to schedule appointments in the app - which category do you book the HW3 upgrade under?
Accessories->Upgrades&installations
Software->Update/
Software->Driver assistance features
Other
?

Thanks!

There is no magic here. I used "Other". People read these not computers. Specifically, the service guys at the location you select. Andrew in the case of Watertown. Just keep requesting service every few weeks. I took me four requests. Have patients. They are doing the best they can given supply constraints, etc.

Reactions: Tdreamer