Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 in Chicago area now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Highland Park, IL Tesla Store had 2 Model 3's last Saturday. Several more delivered this week PLUS 6 on the truck today. I take delivery 1/23 after configuring on 1/4 after invite came through. Signed up 3/31/16 and current MX owner. Deliveries are ramping up in Chicago!
20180120_145903.jpg

The Highland Park, IL Tesla Store had 2 Model 3's last Saturday. Several more delivered this week PLUS 6 on the truck today. I take delivery 1/23 after configuring on 1/4 after invite came through. Signed up 3/31/16 and current MX owner. Deliveries are ramping up in Chicago!View attachment 274696
Congrats! I'm a MX owner also and have decided to wait to configure. However, my son is ready to configure his, but wants to sit in one first. (He loves his current Mercedes seats) He lives in SE Wisconsin and hopes to find someone who will let him sit in their Model 3.

Congrats! I'm a MX owner also and have decided to wait to configure. However, my son is ready to configure his, but wants to sit in one first. (He loves his current Mercedes seats) He lives in SE Wisconsin and hopes to find someone who will let him sit in their Model 3.
Hi, I take delivery this Thursday the 25th and will have my Model 3 on display at the pheasant run Home show in st Charles, IL on Feb 10th if your son wants to drive down to check it out.

I hope the show will be free admission but it’s my first one - not sure how it will work

Reactions: Bebop
Picked up the midnight silver M3 at HP tonight. There were still at least 6 more to be delivered. They put opaque glass in the door from the showroom to keep people from walking in to the delivery area and gawking. All good for TSLA with this ramp up! The car is better than I expected. Great ride, quiet, excellent stereo, quality feel, solid doors, tight sports car steering, very cool with all controls on the screen and pick up better than expected. Very fast off the line and great burst of speed from highway speed to faster speeds. Great addition to my MX P90D with L!

I’m a Chicago reservation holder, but not a previous Tesla owner. I ordered 3/31/16 about 5 min after the cars came onstage.
My estimate says Feb - April for the first production version. If any Chicago non-owner gets an invite, I’d love to hear about it.
Also, I’m thinking day one Chicago, non-owner reservations that want the $35k model are only going to get half tax rebates because of the timing. Anyone else have thoughts on that? If that’s the case, it makes the long range version even more attractive.

I’m a Chicago reservation holder, but not a previous Tesla owner. I ordered 3/31/16 about 5 min after the cars came onstage.
My estimate says Feb - April for the first production version. If any Chicago non-owner gets an invite, I’d love to hear about it.
Also, I’m thinking day one Chicago, non-owner reservations that want the $35k model are only going to get half tax rebates because of the timing. Anyone else have thoughts on that? If that’s the case, it makes the long range version even more attractive.
I take delivery of my red Model 3 tomorrow at the Grand Ave location. Can't wait to take the Aero wheels off and install the 19" T Sportline wheels waiting in my trunk. Then window tinting about a week later

Where are you doing the window tinting?

I’m a Chicago reservation holder, but not a previous Tesla owner. I ordered 3/31/16 about 5 min after the cars came onstage. My estimate says Feb - April for the first production version. If any Chicago non-owner gets an invite, I’d love to hear about it.
I'm in a similar situation, I was first in line at the Skokie store, and my first production estimate is Dec-Feb. I'm planning to hold out for the SR non-PUP model, but we'll see how the tax credit shakes out.

It seems fairly likely that Tesla will hit 200K US sales in the beginning of Q2 2018, so it'd be hard for them to play with deliveries to extend that another quarter. I don't need the LR model for my typical driving profile, but if it pulls in the delivery by a few months, it's only a $5250 option. There are the rumors that SR will be pushed back, and LR variants bumped up. If that's happening, we'll probably hear about that around the quarterly earnings call on 2/7/2018. I might go for a RWD, LR, non-PUP.

For fun I contacted the IRS to try to get the quarterly delivery data, I was given a very IRS-like response:
"Section 6103 of the Code restricts the IRS’ ability to disclose taxpayer information. The IRS is therefore unable to discuss any taxpayers other than those listed on the table you attached. This statement does not affirm that we have any information on any particular taxpayer not listed on the chart, only that we cannot discuss any taxpayer not so listed."
Later,
MF

Reactions: ZapM3
Agree with most of what MF says. I'm also non-owner, waited in line at Oakbrook 0n 3/31; first production delivery by end of Feb. I'll be glad to get the car in May should that be the case.

About the tax credit, the whole $7500 extends one quarter after they reach 200K cars so based on the Q2 estimates for reaching 200K you could still take delivery as late as end of September before the phase out begins.

I've been kicking around options since general delivery started last year. Was sure I was only going with the $35K, a paint upgrade and EAP. As time has gone on I'm just about at the fully-loaded point - can't decide on the wheels yet. My 'rationale' on the battery has evolved and is now based on the cold weather in the winter (especially after a brutal late Dec - early Jan) and the desire to make trips downstate and into WI without having to charge more than once. Guess we'll see where I really come down once an invite arrives.

Took LJordan up on his offer for a look/drive last Saturday (see post a few above). Thanks again! Beautiful car! Seeing and driving will make you rethink how you want it outfitted. And eager for the invite to configure.

About the tax credit, the whole $7500 extends one quarter after they reach 200K cars so based on the Q2 estimates for reaching 200K you could still take delivery as late as end of September before the phase out begins.
This comment has a decent analysis, and I think we're in the "Optimistic Scenario". Yeah, should have mentioned the additional quarter of the full credit... thanks for pointing that out. If the shuffling of the option delivery order is true, then September might be tight for the RWD, SR, non-PUP. Hopefully that rumor will either be confirmed/refuted during (or shortly after) the earnings call. Elon gets talkative after the results are out.

I've been kicking around options since general delivery started last year. Was sure I was only going with the $35K, a paint upgrade and EAP. As time has gone on I'm just about at the fully-loaded point - can't decide on the wheels yet. My 'rationale' on the battery has evolved and is now based on the cold weather in the winter (especially after a brutal late Dec - early Jan) and the desire to make trips downstate and into WI without having to charge more than once. Guess we'll see where I really come down once an invite arrives.
I go back and forth on the LR model, it's something I'd use sparingly, but when used, it'd be of great value. Does anyone make an extended battery you can put in the trunk, or tow behind you? :)

Later,
-MF