Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 in Chicago area now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0431.JPG
IMG_0432.JPG
Where at in MI? I’m on the west side with a Jan-Mar delivery window.
Grand Haven.

I assume those are only going out to Chicagoland owners with a Model 3 reservation? I was first in line at the Skokie store and haven't heard anything. Makes sense, since they have heavily weighted existing ownership.

Later,
MF

Yeah its odd. @Curt Renz is also in your same boat and did not get an invite. He is a fairly large stock holder as well. I can assure you that I am not important except in my own mind, where I am actually best friends with Elon and Curt. Just ask Curt.

Delivery estimator has slipped from Dec-Feb to Mar-May since yesterday. Was thinking something like that might happen after Q4 call earlier today.
Same for me. SR and AWD are both "Late 2018". Still not clear when the non-PUP model will be available, guess that comes later since we still haven't see what non-PUP looks like.

Yeah its odd. @Curt Renz is also in your same boat and did not get an invite. He is a fairly large stock holder as well. I can assure you that I am not important except in my own mind, where I am actually best friends with Elon and Curt. Just ask Curt.

Do dreams about Elon count? If so, going to drop some acid and watch the 1999 video of Elon getting his McLaren F1 delivered.

Later,
MF

Threw real snow tires (Michelin ICEX on the 3 and blizzaks on the S) on mine and I’ve had no issues. Drives at least as well as our RWD S, and way better than even an AWD ICE vehicle... I do get skeptical when autopilot lights up as available though!

Im very satisfied with how the car is dealing with Chicago weather. Just Gotta be smart, snow tires, drive to the conditions, etc.

Far and away the best thing is that I can preheat the cabin in my garage without gassing the family!

• Informative
Reactions: TQCLove