Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 in Chicago area now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Threw real snow tires (Michelin ICEX on the 3 and blizzaks on the S) on mine and I’ve had no issues. Drives at least as well as our RWD S, and way better than even an AWD ICE vehicle... I do get skeptical when autopilot lights up as available though!

Im very satisfied with how the car is dealing with Chicago weather. Just Gotta be smart, snow tires, drive to the conditions, etc.

Far and away the best thing is that I can preheat the cabin in my garage without gassing the family!
Very helpful. Curious as to why the Michelin vs. Tesla's winter tire offering? Do you use the same wheel or did you buy a second set of wheels and have those tires added aftermarket? I have always had AWD and this would be first time dealing with swapping out tires if I go with First Production.

Day 1 line waiter, non-owner, I suspect my preferred AWD wont be until 2019 even though my reservation says Late 2018...I am a bit more optimistic on the LR-PUP even though that just got bumped to Mar-May consistent with others...

I went with the Michelin’s from tire rack simply because I wanted 18” wheels and I want my summer wheels to be something other than the aero wheels... my intent is to use the aero wheels for my winters and get a set of turbine style wheels for my summers. I did the same thing with my model S. So I All I have to do is swap mounted wheels/tires twice a year, basically substitutes for tire rotation.

At the end of the day it’s all about the tires for winter driving.

March 31 Oak Brook line waiter, non-owner.

Just picked up my Model 3 on Friday (May 18).

If anyone in the Chicagoland area is still wanting to check a Model 3 out before making their order decision, let me know.

I'd be happy to coordinate a time and place for us to meet so you can check it out.

Ordered Performance on 11/1, no VIN in source code and haven’t received a phone call. I tried calling the Grand Ave location (my selected delivery center) for an update, but no answer. My profile is fully completed so the wait continues...

Ordered Performance on 11/1, no VIN in source code and haven’t received a phone call. I tried calling the Grand Ave location (my selected delivery center) for an update, but no answer. My profile is fully completed so the wait continues...

Unfortunately you won't be able to contact any of the Tesla Service Centers by phone. You will do better to call Tesla Customer Service.