TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 in OC for a video

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by David99, Aug 24, 2018.

1. David99

David99 Active Member

I want to do a little YouTube video about energy consumption comparing a Model S and a Model 3. There is plenty of data out there, but it's always apples vs oranges because the driving conditions are not the same. So I thought let's do a real side by side drive with both cars. If anyone with a Model 3 living in Orange County is up for this, let me know.

2. Jedi2155

Jedi2155 Model 3 has Arrived.

I'm about 10 minutes away from you, with a delivery date on 8/30. Could lend a hand if I'm available.

3. omgwtfbyobbq

omgwtfbyobbq Active Member

When you find someone to test the cars, it'd be nice if you could both supercharge to full, drive whatever route, record the displayed energy consumption, and then supercharge to full again to get a second measurement of the energy used.

4. gilscales

gilscales Member

I would help with that, mine is a RWD if thats what your looking for?

5. b0n3z

b0n3z Supporting Member

If I had mine back from the service center - I would help out.

6. David99

David99 Active Member

I'm not in a rush. Whenever is fine. Maybe an hour driving and 20 min shooting some footage for the intro and ending.

7. fazluke

fazluke Member

In Yorba Linda with M3 LR Grey if you are still looking . .

8. b0n3z

b0n3z Supporting Member

I have mine back from service. Let us know more details about what your thinking and when.