Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 in Service Garage for 10 weeks so far and counting...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ACoz2000

Jan 4, 2023
UK
I have a lease car (brand new in May 2022), it is my first Tesla and when I first got it I thought it was amazing! Its only the RWD entry level Model 3 but I was so impressed with the quiet acceleration and gadgets withing the car. Over a few months I started having to re-calibrate the cameras almost every time I used the car, I did this for a while thinking it may be just normal... when I contacted Tesla via the app they asked me to bring it in to have an assessment carried out. During the assessment they advised that the cameras where not working properly hence lots of features such as cruise control, auto pilot etc not working. The said it may take a few days to get it sorted and gave me a loan car (Model S 5/6 years old with 97000 miles on it).

Driving a Model S may to some, appear an upgrade, I to thought this until I started using it. Firstly it is in Chill Mode (Locked), it takes at least 1hr+ to charge at a 125kW Supercharger to a level that suits my needs and will give a range of 207 miles at 100%. Quite poor in comparison to the Model 3 which charges in about half the time and has about 100 miles more in the battery.

The Model 3 was checked into the service centre 10 weeks ago! I have had regular communication via the app but I am getting really miffed with it all, apparently they are waiting for a part to be manufactured in Berlin as the first part they received was the wrong one... With it being a lease car, I am not the legal owner and Tesla won't accept a complaint from me, I have obtained a letter from the lease company stating I may represent them in this instance and I have emailed Tesla UK using an email address given to me by the staff at the service centre. I am currently waiting for a response.

I am quite a patient person but correct me if I am wrong but this is all a bit much and I'm paying monthly for the pleasure!

• Informative
Reactions: KenC and XPsionic
The Model 3 was checked into the service centre 10 weeks ago! I have had regular communication via the app but I am getting really miffed with it all, apparently they are waiting for a part to be manufactured in Berlin as the first part they received was the wrong one...

First of all, if you can still drive your Model 3, why have you left it at the Tesla Service Center?
Take the loaner back, and ask them to contact you when the part arrives. Drive your Model 3 in the interim.

AP may not work, but who cares, you can still drive the car!

With it being a lease car, I am not the legal owner and Tesla won't accept a complaint from me, I have obtained a letter from the lease company stating I may represent them in this instance and I have emailed Tesla UK using an email address given to me by the staff at the service centre. I am currently waiting for a response.

You are waiting in vain.
It's not great, but that's how Tesla rolls. Elon had disbanded Customer Service department and fired everyone who had worked there years ago. I kid you not.
Tesla doesn't bother responding to customer inquiries, regardless of your legal standing.
If you want to find out something important to you, drive to the SC in person, and make a nuisance of yourself until you get the answers!

I am quite a patient person but correct me if I am wrong but this is all a bit much and I'm paying monthly for the pleasure!

Agreed.
See above.
Good luck!

First of all, if you can still drive your Model 3, why have you left it at the Tesla Service Center?
Take the loaner back, and ask them to contact you when the part arrives. Drive your Model 3 in the interim.

AP may not work, but who cares, you can still drive the car!

You are waiting in vain.
It's not great, but that's how Tesla rolls. Elon had disbanded Customer Service department and fired everyone who had worked there years ago. I kid you not.
Tesla doesn't bother responding to customer inquiries, regardless of your legal standing.
If you want to find out something important to you, drive to the SC in person, and make a nuisance of yourself until you get the answers!

Agreed.
See above.
Good luck!

Don't forget to be loud on social media as well. A viral video with a million views should be a big help in getting any issue resolved.

I could go there and get the car back I guess but how long do you think they will take to fix it then?? They should be motivated to get the loan car back I'd think.

Plus I drive a few hundred miles a week and really appreciate just basic cruise control. Without it is like driving a golf cart!

apparently they are waiting for a part to be manufactured in Berlin as the first part they received was the wrong one...
[....]I could go there and get the car back I guess but how long do you think they will take to fix it then??

If you are waiting on something from Germany, other than surrendering to the Russians, I would not hold my breath for any fixed length of time.

They should be motivated to get the loan car back I'd think.

If 10 weeks have produced no progress, than whatever motivating factors you are counting on, are clearly not strong enough!

Plus I drive a few hundred miles a week and really appreciate just basic cruise control. Without it is like driving a golf cart!

Then, sit back and wait!

My Model S was in service quite a few times back when I leased it in 2015. I didn't mind it since I had a Tesla loaner, and that meant saving miles for longer road trips later on. So I was happy to let them take the car as long as they needed to fix things. Then I did a lot more longer road trips than I would have been able to if I had my car the whole time.

But that was me, I'm sure it's frustrating for you not to have your own car...but just a thought, if changing your perspective can make you happy while you wait.

I could go there and get the car back I guess but how long do you think they will take to fix it then?? They should be motivated to get the loan car back I'd think.

I suggest you go back to the SC and ask for a better loaner. They may have received a new M3 that meets your needs.

I've found speaking face-to-face generates more sympathy and attention than app messaging, tho you may have to wait around a while.