Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model 3 on May 1st at 8am, just after the website started allow you to do this. The stated delivery time was 'June'.
The model ordered is a LONG RANGE, DEEP BLUE METALLIC car.
I've been given a Reservation number (RN1093......).

I have a few questions:
- is delivery really likely to be June?
- when Tesla opened orders on May 1st, would there have been a ship with multiple RHD Model 3s already out at sea, past the Panama canal, and heading to UK shores?
- Would the ship have had multiple examples of all Model 3 configurations (approx 100 cars covers all available options)?
- How long would the UK waiting list have been roughly?
- How many RHD models are being shipped (it says 3,000 a week to Zeebrugge)?
- At what port do Tesla ship RHD models? Presumably not Zeebrugge but direct to a UK port (Felixstowe? Thames Gateway?)
- in the heyday of the Model S, cars seemed to be shipped to Europe without engines and batteries fitted, and would be 'finished' in Tilburg, Netherlands. It seems to me that this is no longer the case, and that Model 3s are rolling off ships (which suggests batteries and engines are in!).

Any help welcome!

I don’t think anyone knows the answer to these questions yet. The website does also state that delivers will be delivered to reservation holders first and then in order of when ordered so I would suggest you may be waiting 3-6 months.

Car are shipped to Tilburg normally and then sent on from there.

What I can say is no model 3 have ever been shipped to Europe with engines.

• Funny
Reactions: Arpe
I don’t think anyone knows the answer to these questions yet. The website does also state that delivers will be delivered to reservation holders first and then in order of when ordered so I would suggest you may be waiting 3-6 months.

What does the June delivery imply - simple click bate for additional funding?

It's interesting that you say that no model 3s have been shipped to Europe with engines. ANd yet, there is clear evidence that when cars arrive in Zeebrugge, they are driven off the ship - and recharged, before being driven off to dealerships around Europe. It's true that in the days of the S coming over, that was fitted with an engine and a battery in Tilburg plant, but this isn't the case with the Model 3.

As for the idea that there may be a delay of between 3 to 6 months, here is a reason why not: as soon as Tesla announce the Model 3 is available, demand for the S collapsed. Therefore, it was totally in Tesla's interest to keep the gap between order book opening and delivery as short as possible, to maximise cash flow. My guess.hope is that the gap between ordering and buying might therefore be very short; as little as the month on the website.... A hope at least!

I also placed my order on the 1st (albeit at around noon, and not at 8am). I placed my £1,000 deposit for a reservation in April 2017, so just over 2 years ago. Ordered the LR AWD, Black interior, 19" sport wheels, FSD, in Midnight Silver. Will update when I get any indication of delivery.

I also placed my order on the 1st (albeit at around noon, and not at 8am). I placed my £1,000 deposit for a reservation in April 2017, so just over 2 years ago. Ordered the LR AWD, Black interior, 19" sport wheels, FSD, in Midnight Silver. Will update when I get any indication of delivery.
Good luck with your order: keep us posted on the arrival of the all important VIN number

It's interesting that you say that no model 3s have been shipped to Europe with engines. ANd yet, there is clear evidence that when cars arrive in Zeebrugge, they are driven off the ship - and recharged, before being driven off to dealerships around Europe. It's true that in the days of the S coming over, that was fitted with an engine and a battery in Tilburg plant, but this isn't the case with the Model 3.
Tesla’s don’t have engines they have motors.

Reactions: Futuresystem
I ordered a Model 3 on May 1st at 8am, just after the website started allow you to do this. The stated delivery time was 'June'.
The model ordered is a LONG RANGE, DEEP BLUE METALLIC car.
I've been given a Reservation number (RN1093......).

I have a few questions:
- is delivery really likely to be June?
- when Tesla opened orders on May 1st, would there have been a ship with multiple RHD Model 3s already out at sea, past the Panama canal, and heading to UK shores?
- Would the ship have had multiple examples of all Model 3 configurations (approx 100 cars covers all available options)?
- How long would the UK waiting list have been roughly?
- How many RHD models are being shipped (it says 3,000 a week to Zeebrugge)?
- At what port do Tesla ship RHD models? Presumably not Zeebrugge but direct to a UK port (Felixstowe? Thames Gateway?)
- in the heyday of the Model S, cars seemed to be shipped to Europe without engines and batteries fitted, and would be 'finished' in Tilburg, Netherlands. It seems to me that this is no longer the case, and that Model 3s are rolling off ships (which suggests batteries and engines are in!).

Any help welcome!
I order a Performance Model on 2/5 for £56,050. Today (1/6) it's on their website for £52,650. WTF???

Tesla prices its cars like a software company. If you bought Photoshop for £350, and then 4 weeks later it was £300 you wouldn't even bat an eyelid. It's just how things are: offers come and go. Nor would you when it went up to £390 before plunging to £200 due to some new version coming out. You pay what you are comfortable with at the time you buy it. Or you wait until you see a price you're comfortable with; or buy a competing product.

It's a new paradigm, but see your Tesla as software, not a car.