Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 incentives/subsidies

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm about to order a Model 3 Long Range. I'll probably postpone the delivery since I'm not sure I'll be able to be in Japan by then.
The current subsidy for this vehicle is 600,000¥. Is this applied on the day of the order or when I actually pay for the final delivery?
I suspect the amount might be subject to change in a few months.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 09.52.42.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 09.52.42.png
    454.8 KB · Views: 134
@nishinari -san, the CEV subsidy has ended for the financial year Reiwa 3. Last cars registered by Feb 18 2022 were eligible for the 600,000¥ subsidy. I had my car registered on Feb 22, and I missed it. But good news is there will be a new subsidy that will be announced soon as per the govt.

People who get EV registered after Reiwa 3 years 26th Nov can use the subsidy by METI.
METI is preparing for it now, so people should wait for some time by METI release the details.

I'm about to order a Model 3 Long Range. I'll probably postpone the delivery since I'm not sure I'll be able to be in Japan by then.
The current subsidy for this vehicle is 600,000¥. Is this applied on the day of the order or when I actually pay for the final delivery?
I suspect the amount might be subject to change in a few months.
in addition, if you are living in Tokyo then you can get up to 450,000¥ subsidy. And this can be applied online once you get your car registration document .

Please keep us posted. I am curious if the amount will remain the same or not. My car will be registered in Zama City, Kanagawa so this is the only subsidy I will be eligible for.

Getting excited to get your car?
Very excited indeed. Went to Ariake today for a quick check on my car and it was indeed there. Some cars were being prepped, stocked with ChaDeMo and also inspected for delivery.

There were around 8 red cars surprisingly and of course many many whites :)
2DA9DB9A-6DE0-4344-8295-86C5DB0DAB36.jpeg5C470904-4D61-490F-8498-652F2746D358.jpegF1CBE52F-87A0-4D7B-96E3-E7DA64C00B84.jpeg

Thanks everyone for your kind reply. Please keep us posted with the new incentives. My car should be delivered around July/August in Osaka, so I'd be interested in knowing what kind of incentives will be available by then.

@nishinari -san, the CEV subsidy has ended for the financial year Reiwa 3. Last cars registered by Feb 18 2022 were eligible for the 600,000¥ subsidy. I had my car registered on Feb 22, and I missed it. But good news is there will be a new subsidy that will be announced soon as per the govt.

People who get EV registered after Reiwa 3 years 26th Nov can use the subsidy by METI.
METI is preparing for it now, so people should wait for some time by METI release the details.

So they've finally released the new details: http://www.cev-pc.or.jp/hojo/pdf/R3ho/R3ho_meigaragotojougen.pdf
If I'm not wrong, all Tesla cars are eligible for 650,000¥ subsidy now. This is a good news for me as I've recently ordered the car.
Worst case scenario my Long Range will be delivered in August.

Do you have any idea how long this incentive is going to last?

Reactions: TesQuestJapan