Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 included charging equipment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks all.

Another question. Does a USB C cable come with the car for the phone dock?

Reports from those who have taken delivery are that you get both a lightning and USB-C cable. It still seems silly to me that you cannot request two of the same cable, you only get two different types. My wife and I both have iPhones so getting a USB-C cable instead of a second lightning cable is very annoying.

Reactions: preilly44
Reports from those who have taken delivery are that you get both a lightning and USB-C cable. It still seems silly to me that you cannot request two of the same cable, you only get two different types. My wife and I both have iPhones so getting a USB-C cable instead of a second lightning cable is very annoying.

That's right - I got one lightning and one USB-C. Same default combo for another owner nearby.

As annoying as that may seem, more annoying is when you need two micro-USBs because your phone models were released way back in [gasp] 2016. Apparently micro-USBs are only available online through Tesla store (ordered mine). As noted in other threads, the cables have a right angle fit at one end and specific length for threading in the console.

For fun, in the interim I plugged in my oversized random USB cable into one of the rear USB outlets...:rolleyes:

At delivery and in feedback survey I did point out what most have said - either give the option to lock in your phone cable choice when configuring your order, or otherwise give lots of spare cables of all types to the service centers for lots of tweaking at delivery.

Reactions: PoitNarf