Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 initial issues and errors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called my local SC late yesterday, said someone will call me back to set an appt.
I'm on ver 2018.14.13
No noise when braking on downhill

Bluetooth was solid all of yesterday...thx for the reboot instructions
Would like to fix/control the fan & wind noise and swaying at high speeds....will find other forum talks on the wind noise
Something new popped up yesterday...couldn't log on to Slacker via Tesla or Slacker acct. - hopefully SC will help

THX

There was a recent post about ac fan noise
I believe putting more grease on the fan motor. Novox77 posted something recently and he is usually correct on accessing problems

Haven’t seen anyone post this one.
Had the car 6 days, VIN 15XXX. On day 6 evening it flipped out. Threw a bunch of errors and wouldn’t engage into Drive. Screen reboot didn’t do anything. Was towed to SC by Tesla Roadside Assistance. Getting Tesla Roadside Assistance to answer took about 20 minutes. From there towing was very smooth, truck arrived in 10 minutes. The tow truck was very professional about towing Teslas said it was the third one he towed in the last 2 days.

Car door would open and close fine. Power on and off fine. Charger flap wouldn’t open. Wouldn’t engage into drive or park.

I saw it at the SC today and they had white vinyl wrapped all my windows and it looks like they removed the back seat to get to some guts inside. My car was the only one with white vinyl wrap on the windows, makes me feel like it was some serious issue and not just a software thing.
427ED71A-21E7-41F2-A39B-D217FBA18287.jpegA2EC2C57-0692-46BF-AF5E-761A249E9B6F.jpeg7A1C7F28-8CF4-4EE3-8760-238790CDD22F.jpeg99A618A9-D2DA-4BF3-AA37-DC307602CA52.jpeg

Haven’t seen anyone post this one.
Had the car 6 days, VIN 15XXX. On day 6 evening it flipped out. Threw a bunch of errors and wouldn’t engage into Drive. Screen reboot didn’t do anything. Was towed to SC by Tesla Roadside Assistance. Getting Tesla Roadside Assistance to answer took about 20 minutes. From there towing was very smooth, truck arrived in 10 minutes. The tow truck was very professional about towing Teslas said it was the third one he towed in the last 2 days.

Car door would open and close fine. Power on and off fine. Charger flap wouldn’t open. Wouldn’t engage into drive or park.

I saw it at the SC today and they had white vinyl wrapped all my windows and it looks like they removed the back seat to get to some guts inside. My car was the only one with white vinyl wrap on the windows, makes me feel like it was some serious issue and not just a software thing.
View attachment 299080View attachment 299081View attachment 299082View attachment 299083
Keep us posted of the outcome. I am sure some resolution will happen.

I'm not sure what the white vinyl masking achieves. It is not like a secret concept car or anything?

Exactly! That’s what went through my mind, but maybe the fact that drive train and batteries were visible and the service center keeps vehicles outside. Just trying to deter anyone from sneaking in and seeing more than the typical showroom. Either that or they broke my window during repair. Lol.

• Informative
Reactions: MacGreiner
5/8 Update: They ordered a high voltage controller for my vehicle. No ETA. I’ll be tracking the time closely just in case I need to invoke lemon law. Looking at other people’s posts I’m concerned that Tesla won’t expedite a part if it means taking it away from a production vehicle.

5/8 Update: They ordered a high voltage controller for my vehicle. No ETA. I’ll be tracking the time closely just in case I need to invoke lemon law. Looking at other people’s posts I’m concerned that Tesla won’t expedite a part if it means taking it away from a production vehicle.

5/10 Vehicle completed. New high voltage controller and 12V battery. Even the service advisor was surprised by the speed that the part arrived. Total time one week.

Reactions: JES2 and MacGreiner
Has anyone had any weirdness with autopilot I've had my model 3 since Thursday so I am admittedly a newb. I was driving home from work last night and into work this morning and I swear the car went into traffic aware cruise control on its own 2 or 3 times. The gray circle appeared and went blue without me doing anything. Am I crazy, or an idiot?