Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Instrument Cluster - Tsportline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not one to advertise projects, but just saw Kim Java's video regarding T-Sportline's new instrument cluster for the Model 3 & Y. First one that could arguably pass as factory made. This is one of the big turn offs for me with the Model 3 versus a Model S. Tesla fixed the keyfob issue. Now, if they would just add an air suspension option, I'd likely be back in a Tesla with the Model Y.

Sorry if this has been posted before. Did a search and couldn't find anything on it.

- Kim Java's install video

Tesla Model 3 & Y MSX Driver View Dash & LCD Display (Smart Instrument Cluster) - Link to Tsportline product page.

Personally, I don't like it. One of my favorite features of the M3 is the clean and simple forward view without an instrument cluster. I also have no trouble reading all the data on the touch screen, but that's all a personal point of view. One suggestion though: before going ahead with this instrument cluster make sure installing it won't void your Tesla's warranty

Thanks for the post. However, I’m fairly certain Tsportline is simply another reseller of this product. I’ve seen this exact same product on AliExpress for several months, perhaps as long ago as a year ago.

It’s still probably the most OEM looking aftermarket instrument cluster out there, even though it is a 2-piece design. Regardless, like others, I prefer the standard factory dashboard with its minimalist design.

Yep, saw it last night. Very OEM-ish, but the display has a different tint, blu-ish, compared to the center display. You can even see it in the above screenshot, the display is rather blue.

It doesn't appear to have what I would really like a driver display to have, which is the dynamic car graphic with adjusting lane lines. I want to see what my car is seeing in terms of where the lane is going. A quick glance down to see that my car knows to follow the road left or right, would be useful, rather than having to glance over to the right. Seeing that it sees the vehicle half-parked in my lane would be helpful, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: alangold
Not one to advertise projects, but just saw Kim Java's video regarding T-Sportline's new instrument cluster for the Model 3 & Y. First one that could arguably pass as factory made. This is one of the big turn offs for me with the Model 3 versus a Model S. Tesla fixed the keyfob issue. Now, if they would just add an air suspension option, I'd likely be back in a Tesla with the Model Y.

Sorry if this has been posted before. Did a search and couldn't find anything on it.

- Kim Java's install video

Tesla Model 3 & Y MSX Driver View Dash & LCD Display (Smart Instrument Cluster) - Link to Tsportline product page.
This looks exactly like the ones on AliExpress.

Avoid this one…I recently added a dash display and did a lot of research before I bought one (got the latest 9” linux hansshow one)

Aesthetically, this OP one is great. Looks OEM, but the split piece dash cap was off-putting. I was willing to deal with it.

The real deal breaker with this unit is the UI. It’s really bad. Every video I have seen of this unit in action really highlighted the flaws. Most of these units ship with a very bad software version that causes the hazards to flash on screen every time you press the brake. The font is mismatched in certain areas as well. The screen quality isn’t great either. No CarPlay/Android Auto was a miss too as most people installing these are doing so for support of those interfaces.

An update has been made to fix the UI issues, but it’s still subpar. Most of the YT’ers I follow who were given this unit to review have removed them because of the buggy UI.

Sorry for the long post, I was hoping for the best when I found the OP one (I made a thread on it too out of excitement lol) but it’s got some big issues still.

Here’s my current setup w the hansshow display:

Attachments

• 226D2CBC-8BD8-47C4-9AB1-3D6C188C0FFC.jpeg
    226D2CBC-8BD8-47C4-9AB1-3D6C188C0FFC.jpeg
    520.8 KB · Views: 752
Avoid this one…I recently added a dash display and did a lot of research before I bought one (got the latest 9” linux hansshow one)

Aesthetically, this OP one is great. Looks OEM, but the split piece dash cap was off-putting. I was willing to deal with it.

The real deal breaker with this unit is the UI. It’s really bad. Every video I have seen of this unit in action really highlighted the flaws. Most of these units ship with a very bad software version that causes the hazards to flash on screen every time you press the brake. The font is mismatched in certain areas as well. The screen quality isn’t great either. No CarPlay/Android Auto was a miss too as most people installing these are doing so for support of those interfaces.

An update has been made to fix the UI issues, but it’s still subpar. Most of the YT’ers I follow who were given this unit to review have removed them because of the buggy UI.

Sorry for the long post, I was hoping for the best when I found the OP one (I made a thread on it too out of excitement lol) but it’s got some big issues still.

I totally agree. The UI is many defects, some of which were mentioned above. Great concept, poor implementation on many levels.

Reactions: PauliePucks
This display is a nice idea but I think a lot of the information on the screen is redundant, especially because the same info is displayed just inches away on the main screen. Also, I don’t need to always know my tire pressure - so I think that’s wasted space unless you can customize it to show something else.

This display is a nice idea but I think a lot of the information on the screen is redundant, especially because the same info is displayed just inches away on the main screen. Also, I don’t need to always know my tire pressure - so I think that’s wasted space unless you can customize it to show something else.
One of the main reasons I went with the carplay enabled display

Here's another at almost twice the lowest price:

• Funny
Reactions: KenC

Your setup looks great. Ive been on the fence to purchase the 9" linux display for a while. Some things make me hold off on the purchase.
Why does it always say 'READY' when the car is in motion?
Why is the white balance so much different than the main display?
Why is the font different than the main display?
last one.... Why does it display mPh with a capital P?
Do you look past all of these or just rock Apple Car Play and never see the UI?

That's where I'm at... speed and tire pressure are *right there* on the main screen, and only one of them I need at any given time. Tire pressure is a once every week or two thing for most people to check, if that.

Your setup looks great. Ive been on the fence to purchase the 9" linux display for a while. Some things make me hold off on the purchase.
Why does it always say 'READY' when the car is in motion?
Why is the white balance so much different than the main display?
Why is the font different than the main display?
last one.... Why does it display mPh with a capital P?
Do you look past all of these or just rock Apple Car Play and never see the UI?
Thanks for the compliments!

I think you’re confusing the 2 screens - the replacement dash panel one has those flaws - mPh, ready, etc. the hansshow one, which I ended up getting does not have those problems. Zoom in to my pics to see the UI.
In regards to UI variables, I received an update from hansshow a few weeks ago that addressed the white balance and also at night the background is now solid black, without the blue tint, which matches the OEM screen much better.

I don’t rock CarPlay always, I’d say I’m 50/50. If I’m heading into NYC, I’ll throw Waze on to find all the new speed traps or audible and SiriusXM.

I still allow the tesla UI to handle my calls and texts, it’s a personal preference, but i still get notifications on both screens which is nice.

The latest iteration of the 9” hansshow screen is hands down the best available due to it being Linux based, it is much snappier and responsive compared to the older ones. CarPlay connection is automatic within 20 seconds of getting in the car, if not faster. Scroll wheel controls or touch screen.

Let me if you want to see anything specific, I’m happy to share anything that might help you decide!

Install is very simple. Just requires a bit of acrobatics to get under the dash.

One drawback to this variant of the 9” screen is it no longer supports the front blind spot camera that was supported with previous versions. No word on if that will become available in the future yet.

Thanks for the compliments!

I think you’re confusing the 2 screens - the replacement dash panel one has those flaws - mPh, ready, etc. the hansshow one, which I ended up getting does not have those problems. Zoom in to my pics to see the UI.
In regards to UI variables, I received an update from hansshow a few weeks ago that addressed the white balance and also at night the background is now solid black, without the blue tint, which matches the OEM screen much better.

I don’t rock CarPlay always, I’d say I’m 50/50. If I’m heading into NYC, I’ll throw Waze on to find all the new speed traps or audible and SiriusXM.

I still allow the tesla UI to handle my calls and texts, it’s a personal preference, but i still get notifications on both screens which is nice.

The latest iteration of the 9” hansshow screen is hands down the best available due to it being Linux based, it is much snappier and responsive compared to the older ones. CarPlay connection is automatic within 20 seconds of getting in the car, if not faster. Scroll wheel controls or touch screen.

Let me if you want to see anything specific, I’m happy to share anything that might help you decide!

Install is very simple. Just requires a bit of acrobatics to get under the dash.

One drawback to this variant of the 9” screen is it no longer supports the front blind spot camera that was supported with previous versions. No word on if that will become available in the future yet.
Thank you for the additional info. When I pull the trigger, you should be getting the commission Ha!.
Anyway you upload images of the UI with black background? That sounds pretty amazing.
So the update does not show "READY" when driving? That was kinda killing it for me.

Reactions: PauliePucks
Hey everyone - thanks for the interest! We are excited to bring this to market - let me clear a few things up:

1 - The T Sportline MSX dash is NOT the same as the one on Alibaba or the one others have tried to sell! Those are all "China Model Tesla compatible" dashes people have tried to sell to US models and that one doesn't work on US models - as people have noted, so if you live in China and have a China-spec Tesla, go for those - GOOD LUCK with those! Those China market versions also have Chinese text on the dash at all times, the seller's have airbrushed it out - but it is there. These China units are locked in kilometers / kph) as well (not miles / mph).

T Sportline did work with the manufacturer to develop a new version, one that actually works with US models. We have been working with them for over 1 year. We would not release it until we knew it was right! The T Sportline dash is finally ready! To be clear, the T Sportline dash has a NEW chipset design and firmware, which was developed by us, and is exclusive to T Sportline. No one else is selling our dash, regardless of what they claim - you cannot go to Alibaba or wherever and get our dash - which is the ONLY one that actually works properly on US Models.

Other FAQ:

1 - No it will not void your warranty. It is illegal for a vehicle manufacturer to deny warranty due to the installation of an aftermarket part. Google the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act for details.

2 - The T Sportline dash toggles between white / black screen, with day/night

3 - The T Sportline dash includes matching door panel trim inserts

4 - Ours works with 2022+ AMD chips as well

5 - The dash reads data from the Tesla on board diagnostic can bus (aka service data stream). The dash does not 'control' anything on the car, so it will not adversely impact the Tesla controls

6 - T Sportline's dash reads in miles and mph

Last edited:
Reactions: fiehlsport