Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Instrument Cluster - Tsportline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think it looks OEM at all. It looks like the dash in an ‘X’ or an ’S’ but not in the ‘3’ or ‘Y’. The dash in the X and S have the center screen blended into the dash and the cluster follows the same theme. But in the 3 and Y you have a screen separate from the dash so this looks completely foreign in that interior. I would go with one that looks more like the center screen and “floats” above the dash and is not a part of it. But, that’s just my opinion.

Thank you for the additional info. When I pull the trigger, you should be getting the commission Ha!.
Anyway you upload images of the UI with black background? That sounds pretty amazing.
So the update does not show "READY" when driving? That was kinda killing it for me.
No commission necessary, that’s what this community is all about!!!

Nope, it doesn’t show “READY” at all. It never did. That’s only on the other model that i advised to steer clear of)
The top row is your indicators (seatbelt, brake hold, turn signal, headlights, hi beams & fog lights) mph is in lower case.

I’ll snap a quick video in a bit when I pick up dinner, I’ll show you the white and dark mode and the interface. Let me know if there’s anything else specific you want me to include

No commission necessary, that’s what this community is all about!!!

Nope, it doesn’t show “READY” at all. It never did. That’s only on the other model that i advised to steer clear of)
The top row is your indicators (seatbelt, brake hold, turn signal, headlights, hi beams & fog lights) mph is in lower case.

I’ll snap a quick video in a bit when I pick up dinner, I’ll show you the white and dark mode and the interface. Let me know if there’s anything else specific you want me to include
I apologize, the word “READY” does in fact appear!!! It shows up when the car is in drive, neutral, or reverse. I have honestly never noticed it!

I’m posting a vid on YouTube showing the black background. I am going to contact hansshow customer service and see if the ready can be removed in a future update. Sorry for the misinformation!

Here’s the video - pardon my brooklynese lol

I apologize, the word “READY” does in fact appear!!! It shows up when the car is in drive, neutral, or reverse. I have honestly never noticed it!

I’m posting a vid on YouTube showing the black background. I am going to contact hansshow customer service and see if the ready can be removed in a future update. Sorry for the misinformation!

Here’s the video - pardon my brooklynese lol

Hell yeah! TY TY for the video. Maybe you should be a YouTuber. Great video, especially from a consumer’s standpoint. All the videos I watched before didn’t seem like a video from the consumer, more like a video from a temp user advertising for them.
Either way you gave tons of additional info. I just purchased it tonight because of the video.

Reactions: PauliePucks
Hell yeah! TY TY for the video. Maybe you should be a YouTuber. Great video, especially from a consumer’s standpoint. All the videos I watched before didn’t seem like a video from the consumer, more like a video from a temp user advertising for them.
Either way you gave tons of additional info. I just purchased it tonight because of the video.
You’re very welcome. I hope you enjoy it! I follow a lot of tesla modders, I know what you mean. I’ve weeded out the ones who are pitch men. To each his own. Let me know if you need help w install or post install!

You’re very welcome. I hope you enjoy it! I follow a lot of tesla modders, I know what you mean. I’ve weeded out the ones who are pitch men. To each his own. Let me know if you need help w install or post install!
Nice video! So just so I understand this right, does audio from Apple Music in the CarPlay mode still connect to the tesla via Bluetooth? It's not like going straight from the tablet into the car right?

Nice video! So just so I understand this right, does audio from Apple Music in the CarPlay mode still connect to the tesla via Bluetooth? It's not like going straight from the tablet into the car right?
Yes. You can pair the display to the tesla via Bluetooth. CarPlay is connected via WiFi, so Bluetooth has no impact on connecting there.

This is how I use audible and SiriusXM and NHL app (big hockey guy). You will have to select the Bluetooth music source from the tesla UI. I use the native Spotify and Tidal apps still because there are times I’m not using CarPlay.

I don’t have Apple Music but track information from the other apps does appear on the tesla ui (artist, track, album) in case that matters.

Last edited:
Yes. You can pair the display to the tesla via Bluetooth. CarPlay is connected via WiFi, so Bluetooth has no impact on connecting there.

This is how I use audible and SiriusXM and NHL app (big hockey guy). You will have to select the Bluetooth music source from the tesla UI. I use the native Spotify and Tidal apps still because there are times I’m not using CarPlay.
I don't have mine yet so I can't compare, but is there a pretty big quality difference between bluetooth and direct Tesla App?

Your setup looks great. Ive been on the fence to purchase the 9" linux display for a while. Some things make me hold off on the purchase.
Why does it always say 'READY' when the car is in motion?
Why is the white balance so much different than the main display?
Why is the font different than the main display?
last one.... Why does it display mPh with a capital P?
Do you look past all of these or just rock Apple Car Play and never see the UI?
You are asking all the right questions. Anyone in the technical profession of seamless User Experience creation and UI design has done a ton of research with focus user groups, engineering and human factors data to create the idea aesthetic. At least the screen should match the Tesla fonts, styles, layouts, and icons, and understand what "pixel perfect" means. Not an unruly knock-off.

Hey everyone - thanks for the interest! We are excited to bring this to market - let me clear a few things up:

1 - The T Sportline MSX dash is NOT the same as the one on Alibaba or the one others have tried to sell! Those are all "China Model Tesla compatible" dashes people have tried to sell to US models and that one doesn't work on US models - as people have noted, so if you live in China and have a China-spec Tesla, go for those - GOOD LUCK with those! Those China market versions also have Chinese text on the dash at all times, the seller's have airbrushed it out - but it is there. These China units are locked in kilometers / kph) as well (not miles / mph).

T Sportline did work with the manufacturer to develop a new version, one that actually works with US models. We have been working with them for over 1 year. We would not release it until we knew it was right! The T Sportline dash is finally ready! To be clear, the T Sportline dash has a NEW chipset design and firmware, which was developed by us, and is exclusive to T Sportline. No one else is selling our dash, regardless of what they claim - you cannot go to Alibaba or wherever and get our dash - which is the ONLY one that actually works properly on US Models.

Other FAQ:

1 - No it will not void your warranty. It is illegal for a vehicle manufacturer to deny warranty due to the installation of an aftermarket part. Google the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act for details.

2 - The T Sportline dash toggles between white / black screen, with day/night

3 - The T Sportline dash includes matching door panel trim inserts

4 - Ours works with 2022+ AMD chips as well

5 - The dash reads data from the Tesla on board diagnostic can bus (aka service data stream). The dash does not 'control' anything on the car, so it will not adversely impact the Tesla controls

6 - T Sportline's dash reads in miles and mph

Question - does the software/firmware get pre-tested with a pending OTA from Tesla? Won't want to risk Tesla pushing out an update and have the instrument cluster fail, only to have to wait for the cluster folks to get through their round of testing to surface any bugs (and then wait longer for fixes).

I know that working with 3rd Party vendors can be very tricky. Ping pong affect - OEM updates software/system not synchronized with 3rd party add ons. That is why Apple manages their eco-system with 3rd parties so closely, so as to ensure no disruption the End User experience.

Been in this hardware/software integration business 30+ years.

Question - does the software/firmware get pre-tested with a pending OTA from Tesla? Won't want to risk Tesla pushing out an update and have the instrument cluster fail, only to have to wait for the cluster folks to get through their round of testing to surface any bugs (and then wait longer for fixes).

I know that working with 3rd Party vendors can be very tricky. Ping pong affect - OEM updates software/system not synchronized with 3rd party add ons. That is why Apple manages their eco-system with 3rd parties so closely, so as to ensure no disruption the End User experience.

Been in this hardware/software integration business 30+ years.
I’m not a software engineer or developer, merely an end user with some tech savvy.

My thought on this is that yes, a Tesla update can essential “kill” any of these displays that would require an update from the manufacturer to get it functional again. If power is still being supplied you may still have CarPlay functionality as that’s separate from the data being pulled from the vehicle harness.

I have had pretty good success getting updates from Hansshow (about 1x a month) so far. Just wish they put them on a site as opposed to via WhatsApp google drive links.

In fact, the OP unit was victim to this when V11 was released. It caused some of the bugs in the UI that are still present in some variants.

I’m not a software engineer or developer, merely an end user with some tech savvy.

My thought on this is that yes, a Tesla update can essential “kill” any of these displays that would require an update from the manufacturer to get it functional again. If power is still being supplied you may still have CarPlay functionality as that’s separate from the data being pulled from the vehicle harness.

I have had pretty good success getting updates from Hansshow (about 1x a month) so far. Just wish they put them on a site as opposed to via WhatsApp google drive links.

In fact, the OP unit was victim to this when V11 was released. It caused some of the bugs in the UI that are still present in some variants.
They (Hansshow) don't want to put them on a site because theyr'e not the actual manufacturer. They're a reseller and have done a decent job at marketing to North American buyers. This would allow other buyers that didn't buy directly from them an easy way to update (and I don't think they want that).

I believe TS is working directly with manufacturer with their own firmware to continually improve the integrated LCD screen.

Tesla can't kill a display if the display is working independently of the MCU.

Just my .02.

Reactions: Candleflame
They (Hansshow) don't want to put them on a site because theyr'e not the actual manufacturer. They're a reseller and have done a decent job at marketing to North American buyers. This would allow other buyers that didn't buy directly from them an easy way to update (and I don't think they want that).

I believe TS is working directly with manufacturer with their own firmware to continually improve the integrated LCD screen.

Tesla can't kill a display if the display is working independently of the MCU.

Just my .02.
Why wouldn’t they want customers to be able to have access to software updates? That doesn’t make sense…

Tesla can kill these screens by changing the way the data is being sent to/from the MCU. On the intel MCU the power to the screen is coming from the same connection. The Ryzen MCU has power coming from another source.

You are correct that the hardware is generic, Verokappa is another seller of the Linux screen, yet they make the software updates available for the screen. I just wish hansshow did the same

Hey everyone - thanks for the interest! We are excited to bring this to market - let me clear a few things up:

1 - The T Sportline MSX dash is NOT the same as the one on Alibaba or the one others have tried to sell! Those are all "China Model Tesla compatible" dashes people have tried to sell to US models and that one doesn't work on US models - as people have noted, so if you live in China and have a China-spec Tesla, go for those - GOOD LUCK with those! Those China market versions also have Chinese text on the dash at all times, the seller's have airbrushed it out - but it is there. These China units are locked in kilometers / kph) as well (not miles / mph).

T Sportline did work with the manufacturer to develop a new version, one that actually works with US models. We have been working with them for over 1 year. We would not release it until we knew it was right! The T Sportline dash is finally ready! To be clear, the T Sportline dash has a NEW chipset design and firmware, which was developed by us, and is exclusive to T Sportline. No one else is selling our dash, regardless of what they claim - you cannot go to Alibaba or wherever and get our dash - which is the ONLY one that actually works properly on US Models.

Other FAQ:

1 - No it will not void your warranty. It is illegal for a vehicle manufacturer to deny warranty due to the installation of an aftermarket part. Google the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act for details.

2 - The T Sportline dash toggles between white / black screen, with day/night

3 - The T Sportline dash includes matching door panel trim inserts

4 - Ours works with 2022+ AMD chips as well

5 - The dash reads data from the Tesla on board diagnostic can bus (aka service data stream). The dash does not 'control' anything on the car, so it will not adversely impact the Tesla controls

6 - T Sportline's dash reads in miles and mph

Any plans of having Carplay on this? Also, it would be nice if we can select different color Cars and Wheels.