Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 insurance in Michigan?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand that Michigan has the most expensive insurance in the country, but the rates I have been getting have been ridiculous. With 8 cameras always running, and the security that the Model 3 has, how is the insurance not lower?

Currently insured with State Farm and the Model 3 would be $650 / month which is insane, especially considering some people from Michigan on here have it insured for under $200 a month. But if I were to bundle with just one other car with AAA or Progressive, it would cost about $220 / month. Does State Farm hate electric vehicles?

I am 21 with 5+ years of clean record, so I do understand a higher rate with my age, but $650 with 3 other vehicles on the quote? Just doesn't make sense to me.

If anyone has any suggestions for insurance, or what to do in this situation, or if I can get insurance for just one (my) vehicle for a low cost, please reply.

I know I am an idiot, you don't need to tell me.

Thank you

I'm 22 and ended up with $197 with Progressive for a MR Model 3 clean driving record. I also did get an insane rate similar to yours from State Farm with 7 cars on my parents plan of 25+ years.

I do not think you have any other option unless you forgo some coverage which you shouldn't do. I personally do not regret it.

e. I see you may have other questions from your other thread, feel free to PM me if you still need some help.

ALWAYS get multiple quotes. While I'm in NJ and our situation may be different, but my first insurance when I was younger were from an insurance broker. It doesn't hurt to call a local insurance broker and let them shop rates for you. The only ones they can't do are online companies such as progressive, Geico, etc.