Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Interior Console disassembly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 peeps

We just got our silver model 3 vin 4569. As I could not avoid the Piano black trim on the center console, I would like to wrap it. But would like to know to disassemble the model 3 center console piano trim pieces. Also how long it would take to do so and difficulty level.

It's not really necessary to take it apart. If you look on youtube, there is a video showing how to wrap it when its still assembled. Looks like turned out alright to me. I believe it is from company called "RPMTesla".

Reactions: Dave B
It's not really necessary to take it apart. If you look on youtube, there is a video showing how to wrap it when its still assembled. Looks like turned out alright to me. I believe it is from company called "RPMTesla".
Here’s the link. It does look easy and actually something I could do. Definitely on the todo list whenever I get my M3.

I wrapped ours the first night we got it. Bought the vinyl from Amazon for about $13. We did a plain glossy black just to get it covered right away and might do it again in a different material. I've never wrapped anything before and it was pretty easy. Just go slowly. Didn't need to disassemble anything.