Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 interior temp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I thought I resolved the climate system issues on my 3. This morning about 5AM I got up to turn off our irrigation system because it was raining and found my 3 AC on with a cabin temperature of 49°! What? I saw a note some where about pre-conditioning but I do not know what that implies. Please assist! 👏

How do I do that?
from the manual:

"Cabin Overheat Protection
The climate control system can reduce the temperature of the cabin in extremely hot ambient conditions for a period of up to twelve hours after you exit Model 3. Touch Controls > Safety & Security > Cabin Overheat Protection and choose:
  • OFF: Disable Cabin Overheat Protection.
  • NO A/C: Only the fan operates when the cabin temperature exceeds 105° F (40° C). This option consumes less energy but the cabin temperature may exceed 105° F (40° C).
  • ON: The air conditioning operates when the cabin temperature exceeds 105° F (40° C).
Note
Cabin Overheat Protection operates only when the energy remaining in the Battery is above 20%.
Warning
Never leave children or pets in the vehicle unattended. Due to automatic shut-off or extreme outside conditions, the inside of the vehicle can become dangerously hot, even when Cabin Overheat Protection is enabled."

It sounds like you have pre-conditioning turned on. That's a sub-feature of "scheduled departure", so if you have set to have your charging completed by, say, 6AM, and you have pre-conditioning on as well, it will charge your car and have it conditioned to your preferred temperature by the time you're scheduled to leave in the morning.

I don't want to be one of "those" people that tells you to read the manual.... but seriously, if you have an hour to kill, read through the manual and learn about all the things the car does. You might just find a cool feature that really helps you. At the very least, you'll understand what is happening when you find your car running its climate control when no one is around.