Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Interior Trim Panel clips / fasteners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think of this as a PSA public service announcement. I lost some of the interior Trim panel clips when taking apart my interior. After searching the forums and EPC, there was not a positive ID of the part to be purchased. On the Tesla EPC, the clips is part of the various interior trim panels (see pic of bottom b pillar trim) and not listed as a component by itself.

The component has been ID'd by Model S and X forums but is blue in color so I wasn't sure.

To any extent I ordered Toyota PN 90467-10161 and it's a perfect fit. The parts aren't perfectly clocked (rotated) in the view pic but they are identical parts.

IMG_20200512_171845__01.jpg
Screenshot_20200515-124232__01.jpg

IMG_20200512_171936__01.jpg

Think of this as a PSA public service announcement. I lost some of the interior Trim panel clips when taking apart my interior. After searching the forums and EPC, there was not a positive ID of the part to be purchased. On the Tesla EPC, the clips is part of the various interior trim panels (see pic of bottom b pillar trim) and not listed as a component by itself.

The component has been ID'd by Model S and X forums but is blue in color so I wasn't sure.

To any extent I ordered Toyota PN 90467-10161 and it's a perfect fit. The parts aren't perfectly clocked (rotated) in the view pic but they are identical parts.

View attachment 543223 View attachment 543224
View attachment 543225

Head looks thicker on the Toyota part? Not that it probably matters?

i broke a few of the white clips in my trunk lid when removing the cover. I ordered the ones above but they're a bit too short. According to the parts catalog, the part # is 1142766-00-A. "trim clip,10x1.2GRIP,3.1SET-UP,POM". Does anyone know where to source this white clip?

Visited SF tesla and said they don’t do parts, and a couple in my area didn’t respond to emails. Was hoping to just buy online instead of having to run around.

SF Tesla service center or store? I'd be surprised if the SC doesn't do parts. I've generally called the SC, asked for a price on a part # and then ordered through them for pick up. I don't believe they deliver.