Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many cars have "failsafe" door handles?
All cars that have a mechanical latch to open the door from the inside? In the majority of cases, the mechanical latch is the sole and failsafe (no electricity needed) mechanism. Which, of course, brings you back to your previous question of why does it have an electrically-operated option if there's a mechanical one. I guess the same reason buildings have both elevators and stairs to enable people to ascend to upper floors. Elevators for the convenience; stairs as an alternative or backup (in an emergency or power outage). "Belts and braces", as our cousins across the pond would say. ;)

In the end, the fact is the Model 3 has two mechanisms to unlatch the door from the inside. Our debating the (de)merits of this implementation will not change this fact. Tesla is not going to offer a configurable option to remove one of these mechanisms.

Last edited:
coat hooks.
OMG

shits-so-fancy-i-need-a-second-monocle_o_319719.jpg

[QUOTE = "thewallaby, post: 2203959, member: 62035"] Ayant des sièges en cuir sur mes 4 dernières voitures, je peux dire en toute sécurité que le cuir n'est pas tout ce que l'on prétend être ... lorsque vous utilisez la voiture pour 80% Le temps de conduire en solo pour travailler, le siège du conducteur a tendance à se rincer après 10 ans et l'autre ressemble à neuf. Un tissu ou un faux ou un combo de tissu et de cuir comme le S a probablement été le meilleur et le plus confortable. Sans parler du moins froid pour les climats inférieurs à zéro. J'avais aussi Toyota, mais ils n'utilisent pas d'alcantara ou de cuir, ils ont utilisé du vinyle qui peut être bon marché et être un peu dur sur votre derrière. [/ QUOTE]

Yes, it's the same thing with the Nissan Leaf leather ("chicken leather") but only after two years...: Eek:

The above translated:
Having leather seats on my last 4 cars, I can safely say that leather is not all that one claims to be ... when you use the car for 80% The time to drive solo for Work, the driver's seat tends to rinse after 10 years and the other looks like nine. A fabric or a fake or a combo of fabric and leather like the S was probably the best and most comfortable. Not to mention the least cold for climates below zero. I also had Toyota, but they do not use alcantara or leather, they used vinyl which can be cheap and be a bit hard on your behind.

What are they meaning by "rinse" after 10 years? Stain? Fade? Wear-Out? Crack?

The above translated:

What are they meaning by "rinse" after 10 years? Stain? Fade? Wear-Out? Crack?
No need to translate again. I think @Thierry was quoting this post, but he filtered through some kind of translate software to french.
Having leather seats on my last 4 cars i can safely say that leather isn't all it's hyped to be... when you use the car for 80% of the time to drive solo to work the driver seat tends to wrinkle up after 10 years and the other look like new. Fabric or fake or a combo of fabric and leather like the S has would probably be the best and most comfortable. Not to mention the least cold for sub zero climates. I had also Toyota but they dint't use to use alcantara or leather they used vinyl which can look cheap and be a bit hard on your behind.

• Informative
Reactions: TEG