Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure they wouldn't mind and honestly I would recommend you actually do to feel the ultra-white interior. It is quite nice and soft, actually much softer than leather. Other than a few issues with torn perforations when the ventilated seats were available, the white seats have been very well received.
OK, just got back from Tesla. You guys are right, the white does feel really nice. Seems like good quality material. If this is what the Model 3 seats are made of, I won't have any concerns.

Reactions: Zaphod
I'm thinking that it should be fairly easy to possibly stain the wood to a darker color - if it is indeed real wood. I'll likely apply a vinyl wrap to the trim piece as I've done in other cars that had burl wood as I prefer a faux metal to faux wood.

Can you maybe point me to some websites that do this procedure you are referencing? I would love to cover up the wood look as well.

As with the outside rear, the interior rear reminds me some of the Mazda 6...

Model 3:

back-m3.png

Mazda 6:

back-m6.png

What do people think the chances are that the rear seats actually fold flat allowing for a full pass through of the trunk? The rear head rests look integrated into the seat and not removable - I looks like they will interfere with the front seats.

@blef44,

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I did see some RC photos with the back seats folded flat....I have them somewhere but can't find them so if someone has them maybe they could post....

Ski

• Love
Reactions: SD_Engnr
  • Love
Reactions: SD_Engnr
So far in all the RCs we've only seen black seats with the wood grain correct? Is it the current thinking that will be the only initial option? Black seats are not my favorite, but not that big a deal, but I was really hoping to be able to choose something other than the wood grain.

Reactions: Runt8
So far in all the RCs we've only seen black seats with the wood grain correct? Is it the current thinking that will be the only initial option? Black seats are not my favorite, but not that big a deal, but I was really hoping to be able to choose something other than the wood grain.
Correct. Most likely that is only what will be initially available. If there are other choices, they can probably be selected, but will most likely delay your order until such option will be available.

I'm thinking that it should be fairly easy to possibly stain the wood to a darker color - if it is indeed real wood. I'll likely apply a vinyl wrap to the trim piece as I've done in other cars that had burl wood as I prefer a faux metal to faux wood.

I've heard this several times. Do you do that yourself or is it something you have done? Could you point me to a website with an example of something you'd use? When I search for trim wrap a whole host of stuff comes up. Not sure what to use or what the options are other than carbon fiber.