Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A slight 'shift' from the current discussion:

Is the large M3 instrument screen adjustable?
I saw an interior picture of the dash ... and the screen reflection was pronounced. It appeared a slight shift downward would improve the ambient reflection, especially during the day.
Keep in mind that none of the photos were taken from the driver's seat, which is where you'll be sitting when driving the car and viewing the display. As far as I know, all the outdoor daytime "spy" photos we've seen were taken from outside the vehicle.

Reactions: landis and Stirfelt
A slight 'shift' from the current discussion:

Is the large M3 instrument screen adjustable?
I saw an interior picture of the dash ... and the screen reflection was pronounced. It appeared a slight shift downward would improve the ambient reflection, especially during the day.
No one knows...I could see the benefit, but not sure how one makes it adjustable yet rigid and sturdy enough to not vibrate when driving down the road. Just because of that, I have to assume it is fixed.

I'm always pretty nervous about synthetic leather. I don't doubt that it's possible to do it really well, I just haven't encountered such an instance. I remember shopping Toyotas and they had a leather substitute that was a hefty upgrade (more expensive than other makes' leather), and I couldn't stand it! The salesmen said they get that a lot, and actually had an arrangement with a local business who routinely replaced it with real leather.

So long story short, your review is pretty reassuring, but do you think my local Tesla would mind if I stopped in for no other reason than to fondle their white synthetic seats?
Having leather seats on my last 4 cars i can safely say that leather isn't all it's hyped to be... when you use the car for 80% of the time to drive solo to work the driver seat tends to wrinkle up after 10 years and the other look like new. Fabric or fake or a combo of fabric and leather like the S has would probably be the best and most comfortable. Not to mention the least cold for sub zero climates. I had also Toyota but they dint't use to use alcantara or leather they used vinyl which can look cheap and be a bit hard on your behind.

Reactions: Model 3 and Jaff
Having leather seats on my last 4 cars i can safely say that leather isn't all it's hyped to be... when you use the car for 80% of the time to drive solo to work the driver seat tends to wrinkle up after 10 years and the other look like new. Fabric or fake or a combo of fabric and leather like the S has would probably be the best and most comfortable. Not to mention the least cold for sub zero climates. I had also Toyota but they dint't use to use alcantara or leather they used vinyl which can look cheap and be a bit hard on your behind.
Agreed, but if you got 10Y out of a Leather Seat Cover, that's excellent.
Leather Seat Covers are wear items, that need to be replaced, when they start looking bad.
Doing so renews your car and brings back the new car smell.

How well they hold up really depends on the quality of the material, not just the type of material.

Personally I prefer a high quality cloth type material, but poor quality cloth can fall apart or stain easily too.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lunarx
All German entry level luxury sedans come with vinyl as the standard upholstery.

In USA maybe. I just went to BMW's German site, and see cloth on some of the base models:
BMW-cloth1.png

Looks more comfortable / inviting to me.

Reactions: thewallaby and GSP