Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 inventories up -- any deals happening?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First Tesla purchase, looking at an M3, likely a LR or Performance. I've noticed that there is a fair amount of inventory in SoCal right now. If Tesla decides to offer deals on any of its inventory, is there a way to be alerted and find out where the best deals are? I know from the past that these deals, particularly those in the final month of the quarter, can pop up and disappear quickly.

Reactions: purplewalt
Everything in stock in my area is SR+ and just a scant number of LR and P scattered in very low numbers. The only thing that I can see that might cause "deals" is oil at a very low price for prolonged period. And even then it'll most likely be free supercharging or cars that have test drive miles on them.

Can someone please answer the question, rather than stating their opinions on whether there will be discounts? If people stop taking deliveries of their cars, Tesla, like any car manufacturer, may create incentives to boost sales. I'm only asking how to be apprised should this happen.
Why would anyone know what happens in this case unless they have inside info and in that case they are not allowed to share.

Why would anyone know what happens in this case unless they have inside info and in that case they are not allowed to share.

In the past, Tesla has offered certain, unadvertised incentives at quarter end. The information is public, but not widely disseminated. We're in the midst of a major health and economic crisis, and I'm reading elsewhere on this forum that some buyers are thinking about cancelling or postponing their orders. I don't want to speculate how or if Tesla reacts to this, but I would like to find out if something comes along.

In the past, Tesla has offered certain, unadvertised incentives at quarter end. The information is public, but not widely disseminated. We're in the midst of a major health and economic crisis, and I'm reading elsewhere on this forum that some buyers are thinking about cancelling or postponing their orders. I don't want to speculate how or if Tesla reacts to this, but I would like to find out if something comes along.

The only way, other than you signing up for one of the aggregator sites that shows inventory cars for sale, is to work directly with a sales associate in a store who you convince to check for you (like a traditional dealership salesperson would). Since tesla does not pay direct commission, its much harder to find someone who will do this for you. You are going to have to make a social connection with someone and convince them that you are worth doing that extra work for, since there is no real reason for them to want to do it.

Like going down to a store, getting an experienced salesperson in person and telling them what you are looking for, convincing them to look for you frequently and update you if they see something.

Thats the only way I am aware of.

Tesla incentives that are NOT on demo cars tend to run things like a free upgrade on wheels, and / or No charge for paint. Its possible that tesla sales soften like other car manufacturers.... but if you look at car sales last year, in the sedan market that tesla is in, everyone BUT them had huge downturns.

If one has been trained that they "must have a deal", then you are going to need to do the entire process like an old school car purchase, with the difference being that the "salesperson" doesnt have a lot of incentive other than hitting his sales goals to actually do this work for you, so must be convinced to do so.

I think people may begin “hoarding” Tesla cars the way they are hoarding toilet paper out of fear that they will be hard to come by. And there may also be a reluctance to want to go to gasoline stations when they can charge at home and avoid having to go out and touch anything to refuel.

With the BMW forums, we had that "community spread" of news items. I don't have to have a deal, but I'm not inclined to spend $50k under current conditions unless there is one.

The difference is you aren't buying from a dealership, you're buying from the manufacturer.

Therefore, it's highly unlikely there are going to be any "deals" in the near future. Tesla has been pretty consistent with its sales model for years. Yes, price changes occur, and yes inventory cars have price adjustments for mileage, but there aren't really "discounts" or "incentives".

What I can tell you is that you will be much happier with the Tesla than the BMW (I owned 20+ BMW's before buying a Tesla and my last three purchases have been Tesla's).

• Disagree
Reactions: Matsayz and inikkor
My thoughts are that between the new manufacturing of the Y and the potential of a disruption n supply chain could limit supply. If demand is still high and supply is low....no need to do anything to sell cars. Only if demand drops off a lot can I imagine any incentives being offered. I am very new to Tesla....first time owner, so it is going to be interesting to watch this sales model as it matures. Tesla has been a successful disruptor, and I hope that they can keep up the good customer service as they grow.

Anything could happen but Telsa has been under much higher pressure to sell cars in past quarter ends and resisted offering any "deals" like you are desiring so there is no logical reason to believe there will be any "deals" in store for you.

Yes, in the past 12 months ; there have been certain programs such as Free Supercharging miles ; maybe some free bonus dollars to spend at the Telsa store, deals on demo cars and even for a few days a free upgraded paint or wheels program which turned into a disaster for Telsa due to poor communication, so very unlikely to occur again. But the MSRP of the cars (not including options) have never been dealt, so expect to pay MSRP.

Best way to find out about any incentives that might occur, is to make sure a sales person is assigned to you, has your email/text and knows you are looking to buy this quarter.

That is an opinion but is based on facts not wishful thinking.

Hi,
In Washington it also looks like there are a bunch of blue long range all wheel drives in inventory cars as well. A couple had miles on them which creates a discount based on how many miles they've been driven. Is it possible these are cars that haven't arrived yet but are just discounted off retail to move inventory? I asked a couple people today about one car but it doesn't seem like it physically is in our area but it's still on the website many hours later and I could still order it. Maybe this is a path to discounts at the end of the quarter? Or maybe the website is very poorly run, they have no idea what their inventory status is, and everything is a crap shoot?

Wonder if there is any anticipation of having to shut down for a while, maybe sitting on stock hoping for retail later vs discounting now and losing some margin? Seems with this thing going around a bad quarter is to be 'expected'. I could use something to push me over the edge, but I don't mind waiting a few months too....

Reactions: E Dizzle