Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 inventories up -- any deals happening?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
again... less than 1000 cars per day across all regions and models.

then 1000 model 3 in one day in one country. And not a single post here all weekend from a delivery recipient. Seems unlikely.

So "on average" they sold 977 cars per day that quarter. Average means that some days it's more and some days it's less. I don't know why you guys have such a hard time with this. That's not a lot of cars to move in a day.

Best,

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I'll say it again then.

again, 977 was of ALL (S3XY) cars, in all countries in a quarter where the last month was starting to slowdown, not speed up. now you are saying 1000 only model 3, only US.

1) its too much of a deviation in an area where they can barely deliver in most areas.
2) there is no other supporting evidence other than a number on a website dropping for unverifiable reasons.
3) There is no obvious catalyst for those 1000 cars to move that suddenly.

i believe it is just as likely or even more so that they were removed rather than sold.
without any other supporting evidence, i dont think the cars sold.

Last edited:
The waiting rooms in this forum have gone silent. That’s unusual. We normally see those threads updated almost hourly. Inventory on the internet is still showing about 800 vehicles in North America. So not much movement over the past few days.

Tesla announced their plans to reopen the factories on May 4th. But that sounds more like wishful thinking to me. If Elon was allowed to he would reopen them today. But they are closed by County order, not because Tesla chose to.

Nationwide car sales dropped anywhere from 5-30% depending on the manufacturer. But even if Teslas sales drop were on the high side - say 30%, that would still mean they are expecting to sell around 60,000 cars this quarter. So even during a pandemic it is clear that some volume of new car sales is still taking place. 800 cars won’t last long if Tesla can’t reopen their factories any time soon. And remember other countries are waiting on Tesla deliveries as well.

US car sales spiraled in Q1 as the coronavirus pandemic continues to rock the economy

• Funny
~My advice to someone who was about to take delivery would be to go to your SA and ask for a free color upgrade or free wheels or free life supercharging ..

if they wont budge, then eat the $100 and cancel the order .. then come back in 7 days and see what the deal is ..

no way tesla is going to let that inventory sit on the books at end of quarter .. they are going to try to move them.
That would work with a traditional dealer but nobody locally has any say over pricing. After 7 days you don’t need to return, just call, if deals exist they are nationwide.

• Funny
as in you have an existing order and they want you to take an inventory car, or you are just poking around and they ar offering you cash off?

I have a model Y on order and they are trying to get me to cancel the y order and purchase a model 3 instead. They’re pushing multiple inventory units pretty hard to move them (non demos). Can’t blame them. For buyers in the market and ready to pull the trigger, now may be a rare opportunity to get a little bonus or deal on a new Tesla.

Yup. Several, in fact. Couple of Y's, some 3's.

@ElectricIAC - sorry if you thought I was trying to be comical; I really did mean it. Covered the owners’ names but here’s 3 from my local group alone.

EEB019A8-24B7-4670-A44C-0E09F98EF2C8.jpeg CB6C0B78-A883-4F9D-8F27-47C00ED0B832.jpeg 1156A933-B0D9-4687-B87B-C91EBBB15CF1.jpeg

They need to drop off one of those Y’s here in TX rather than taking them cross country. Mrs is getting antsy and we will probably have to reapply for loan after Tesla gave away our confirmed VIN that we got matched to out of a cancellation.

At least they’re comping the 20” induction wheels upcharge as a result of their screw up. Would really rather have the Gemini’s though and keep the discount.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
My Tesla rep is offering $1500-$3000 off on select model 3’s in stock. Sounds like the deals are starting to happen.
Hey is this possible to get your SA phone number? I have ordered a Tesla Model 3 (existing inventory) and felt like I was jumping the gun given the current situation. So I talked to my SA last Sunday and he wasn't willing to make any concessions in regards to the price, features or upgrades. Didn't even respond to few of my emails. But for some reason on Tuesday, I got like 6 calls from my Tesla SA and from the location where the tesla ordered is located. Maybe a coincidence or maybe they are getting pushed hard to sell?

• Funny
Hey is this possible to get your SA phone number? I have ordered a Tesla Model 3 (existing inventory) and felt like I was jumping the gun given the current situation. So I talked to my SA last Sunday and he wasn't willing to make any concessions in regards to the price, features or upgrades. Didn't even respond to few of my emails. But for some reason on Tuesday, I got like 6 calls from my Tesla SA and from the location where the tesla ordered is located. Maybe a coincidence or maybe they are getting pushed hard to sell?

Sure thing. I just sent you a DM.

• Funny
What they offered me are cash discounts off the bottom line. They want to move inventory so it sounded like it didn’t matter if you had an existing order or not.

What specs are you trying to buy? I'd be curious to see if they will discount a white LR AWD with 18" wheels and black interior, since there are no upgrades on that car so margins are lower. If so, that would be a great buy right now.

Reactions: lUtriaNt

I'm in the same boat. My SA isn't willing to budge either and still have not had any follow up.

I have a model 3 that came in and I couldn't take hold of cause I was Covid +. Over the next few weeks my wife and I said lets throw and order in for a Model Y . The sales person said it was the only way he could look up the inventory. Hence this week he found 4 Model Y performance models in NY metro area. He cant search outside this area (this is what he said) . Im still deciding which way I will go but I may upgrade my 18 inch model 3 rims to 19 inch which is $1500. Some of the above posts seems to say they are getting price reductions ? My SA didn't offer any reduction or even mention it ... Is there a way to get another SA assigned to me ? I will take any car in existing inventory anyways .... thoughts ? BTW the performance model Y is above my budget at $68k all in so I will be canceling my order, and donating $100 to elon

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I have a model 3 that came in and I couldn't take hold of cause I was Covid +. Over the next few weeks my wife and I said lets throw and order in for a Model Y . The sales person said it was the only way he could look up the inventory. Hence this week he found 4 Model Y performance models in NY metro area. He cant search outside this area (this is what he said) . Im still deciding which way I will go but I may upgrade my 18 inch model 3 rims to 19 inch which is $1500. Some of the above posts seems to say they are getting price reductions ? My SA didn't offer any reduction or even mention it ... Is there a way to get another SA assigned to me ? I will take any car in existing inventory anyways .... thoughts ? BTW the performance model Y is above my budget at $68k all in so I will be canceling my order, and donating $100 to elon
Remove faux self driving and it’s $61,000.

I'm happy to see that people are still buying given the economy. You're helping the mission!

Definitely enjoying the new Tesla on the much less congested roads. I REALLY enjoyed the delivery experience which was completed in probably about 15-20 minutes and punctuated by an elbow bump at the end. I've had fast food take longer to get to my table than it took to purchase my car a couple of weeks ago. There were plenty of other people there doing the same. This too shall pass.

• Funny