Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 inventories up -- any deals happening?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have any links? Maybe I could come back with some links to my SA and see if they can match. 10k off would definitely be more appealing

You have to be patient but work with an OA who has access to the showroom discounted cars. This was posted by another user. And I attached one that was sent to me before. Tesla won't price match and has everything set from above. They also sell very quick so you can't sit on it.

New Demo 2019 Model 3 Performance $9k off msrp 6300 miles Utah

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200418-195856.png
    Screenshot_20200418-195856.png
    438.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
Do you have any links? Maybe I could come back with some links to my SA and see if they can match. 10k off would definitely be more appealing

you will next to never find links like that posted here as those deals get snatched up too quick. You need a combo of effort, luck, and strategy.

effort = stalk the Tesla site like a hawk. Make sure your search criteria are set properly and be consistent. When you get an acceptable hit put the deposit in. Don’t call your friend and ask for advice. The deal will be gone by the time they pick up. If you end up not moving forward and losing $100, oh well, well worth risking $100 to save thousands.

luck = well, no explanation needed. Not everyone gets lucky...

strategy = you need to find a like minded SA. I never found one like this but they exist. They need to make a living and I am sure they can be further incentivized to find you a great deal. If you already have an assigned SA there are supposedly tricks to get a new one. You also need to think about timing of deals. They usually come in the last month of the quarter, especially weeks 2-3 of that month (IMO). Look for cars that have FSD as you can delete it and reduce the price by $7K more. It appears like demo cars with FSD are discounted more than ones with just AP. Finally, part of your strategy has to be flexible on color and options. If not the possibility of finding a deal reduces a lot.

like I’ve mentioned before, I ended up getting like $10.6K off of my demo 3P (2019; 1640 miles) at the end of March. I had a deposit at the same time (ended up losing $100) on another 3P demo (2020; 260 miles) for $3300 off. I found both is these deals myself, not through my SA.

FC7C04D4-F8B6-4A0E-BEC5-75C938771AD1.png

Last edited:
ADVICE NEEDED: so I initially had a reservation for a blue / white LR AWD M3 which I delayed due to Coronavirus since I wouldn’t be driving much anyways. I was perfectly happy with waiting until the late summer to even take delivery, until my SA advisor emailed me saying if I was looking to take an inventory car, there was a performance M3 in the same spec I wanted for 4K off the price. Sounds like a great deal right? Except the catch is that the car is listed as new but has over 6K miles on it. After talking to them further they told me originally a customer ordered it, took delivery, and then in the 7 day window they returned it. After that the car became a demo car and is now listed as new but with 6k miles on it. Why would a customer return a car if there wasn’t something wrong with it? Shouldn’t I be getting even more off? And how in the world does a DEMO car get 6k miles on it (Build date of December 2019) but it’s a 2020 model year car. I’m so torn between thinking this is a good deal and thinking maybe it’s a rip off. Should I wait and just take delivery of a LR AWD in a few months? Or go with this performance? Any advice is appreciated!

a 7 day return can only be sold as a used car
Telsa cannot sell this car as new

perhaps the SA has the story wrong
Though months back read similar stories and buyer got close to purchasing and then Telsa advised them last minute they made a mistake and they cannot sell it as new.

With the BMW forums, we had that "community spread" of news items. I don't have to have a deal, but I'm not inclined to spend $50k under current conditions unless there is one.

As we know, Tesla is not like any other car company and doesn't follow the typical model! Yes, all other car companies are giving crazy deals as there are alot of inventory and nobody is buying.

Tesla has been know to offer some deals at the end of the quarter!

Tesla does not have to offer any deals as their cars are still in high demand and not enough inventory, where other car companies have high inventory and not enough demand!

Are base $35k model 3 still around for sale? Asking for a friend.

They can still be custom ordered, with the understanding that the factory is shut down so it’s anyone’s guess when you might get one. You could try asking a sales rep if they would consider downgrading an existing SR+. They stopped doing that a number of months ago but if they get desperate enough to move some cars they may consider doing it on a case by case basis.

Though months back read similar stories and buyer got close to purchasing and then Telsa advised them last minute they made a mistake and they cannot sell it as new.

While this sounds like it *should* be true....are you sure? If it is true, wouldn't we see a bunch of used cars on their site with <1000 miles? We don't see that. Maybe Tesla doesn't officially submit reg docs until the 7-day return period has passed? The other thing is how many people actually return their car within the 7 day period. You have to imagine it is a very low single digit percentage at most.

Reactions: Ralbright
While this sounds like it *should* be true....are you sure? If it is true, wouldn't we see a bunch of used cars on their site with <1000 miles? We don't see that. Maybe Tesla doesn't officially submit reg docs until the 7-day return period has passed? The other thing is how many people actually return their car within the 7 day period. You have to imagine it is a very low single digit percentage at most.

Am 99% sure, if a car has ever been registered in a state to a person's name it can not be sold as new.
Once they drive it off the lot that first day, it is a used car.

Am 99% sure, if a car has ever been registered in a state to a person's name it can not be sold as new.
Once they drive it off the lot that first day, it is a used car.

At least as far as the federal tax credit is concerned, the document that decides whether a vehicle is new or not is a title. Tesla mailed me my title a week or so after taking delivery of my vehicle; so it's theoretically possible that someone might have returned a vehicle while Tesla was in the process of titling it, but the title was never completed or registered.

At least as far as the federal tax credit is concerned, the document that decides whether a vehicle is new or not is a title. Tesla mailed me my title a week or so after taking delivery of my vehicle; so it's theoretically possible that someone might have returned a vehicle while Tesla was in the process of titling it, but the title was never completed or registered.

Hmm. AFAIK: If it was a new car, then Tesla could NOT have mailed you a title.

The only thing Tesla can send you is the MSO, Manufacturer's Statement of Origin, aka, the "Birth Certificate" for a new car.

If Tesla sent you a title, then they got it from a state, and it's a used car.

That's why Tesla doesn't title a car during the 7 day trial period. Returned vehicles are still able to be sold as new.

People forget Tesla isn't a dealership. Those rules don't apply.

Hmm. AFAIK: If it was a new car, then Tesla could NOT have mailed you a title.

The only thing Tesla can send you is the MSO, Manufacturer's Statement of Origin, aka, the "Birth Certificate" for a new car.

If Tesla sent you a title, then they got it from a state, and it's a used car.

Might be a state-by-state thing. We live in Maryland, but picked our car up in Virginia. The title was FedEx'd to us with Tesla's return address on the envelope. And I'm pretty sure our car was brand new. An SR+ bought within a week of them announcing the new trim, with ~12 miles on the ODO.

IMO, miles on a Tesla doesn’t mean the same as miles on any other ICE car. “Launching” a Model 3 is not the same as taking a new Manual transmission out for a test drive and “launching” it. What’s more important is the condition of the exterior and interior.

Physically, yes.

Miles are still miles when it comes to the most important driver: depreciation.