Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 inventory - free supercharging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I’m ready to take the bite and order a model 3 performance some time in the near future but I was just talking to Tesla chat and they’ve told me that if I order an inventory model and take delivery by the end of the month, then I would get free supercharging for a year?

what’s everyone’s thoughts? Is this a worthwhile deal to take early delivery?

thanks,
Teza

Personally I would go with a newer model with doubled insulated glass and motorised boot struts plus fewer other minor changes. The value of 1 years supercharging might be a couple hundred pounds only. Also if you move energy provider to someone like octopus go tariff the cost of electricity is only 4p ish per kwh during the hours of 00:30-04:30am, you can schedule your car only during this period too.

big questions are how often will you supercharge, are you able to charge at home, and how close you are to ordering anyway.

If you will supercharge (on the road) a lot then itll be a nice bonus. If you will supercharge instead of home charge (because of free supercharging) then the benefit will be smaller, if you are supercharging instead of home charging because of lack of options to charge at home then again its a good benefit.

If you are likely to order within the next 3 months anyway then bringing it forward seems like a bit of a no brainer.

Do remember to use a referral code when ordering, even though you may not get the supercharging bonus, someone else will. I have popped mine in your inbox if you decide to use mine.

Be careful with thinking supercharging all the time is going to be fine. It won't be. As in, it's known to cause accelerate wear on the battery. Tesla have combatted this by slowing down some users supercharger rates.

It's still good to have, an 1 year might not cause quite so much of a problem, but worth bearing in mind.

• Informative
Reactions: Exy1