Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Invoice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I am collecting my Model 3 this Saturday from West Drayton and need to pay the remaining deposit.Could you please let me know if i need to use Invoice number or order number as the reference when paying the deposit, because in the Invoice i got they mentioned i should use Invoice number as reference and the email from Tesla says i should use order number as the reference.

Please let me know which one you used when you paid the deposit.

I used the invoice number and had no problems at all. Given those are the instructions printed on the invoice you're paying, I felt safer doing that rather than listening to the dude on the phone.

That said, I believe others here used the order number and this worked just as well too.

Reactions: Maggy78
I’ve used both to test. The RN ones hit account in less than half a day when I tried last week but as of this morning by invoice# ones sent yesterday were still to appear but still early days.

No evidence it makes any difference which one you use but if you had multiple invoices to pay would be best to stick with that.

I just changed from RN to invoice# as I have time on my hands to change and as of yesterday I now have more than one invoice on my account so it might make reconciliation less error prone.

I was too exited at getting a final invoice and delivery date, so I opted to completely avoid the question and just used no reference instead for the multiple £10k bank transfers I quickly executed. Doh! :oops:

Thankfully, whoever reconciled bank transfers against invoices was able to work it out and according to my source code I am now fully paid up ready for next Wednesday.

Hi,

I am collecting my Model 3 this Saturday from West Drayton and need to pay the remaining deposit.Could you please let me know if i need to use Invoice number or order number as the reference when paying the deposit, because in the Invoice i got they mentioned i should use Invoice number as reference and the email from Tesla says i should use order number as the reference.

Please let me know which one you used when you paid the deposit.
Invoice number.

Reactions: Keeper