Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 is beautiful!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my Model X, I set it so I hear a tone whenever I exceed 10 miles over the speed limit, which happens a lot with a P90D! The setting is variable. I never glance at the speedometer driving on the freeway, only the hi-definition rear-view camera display, and the Google-based navigation display if driving in an unfamiliar area. I have both split-screened on the center touchscreen, with the rear-view camera on top. I do that since with a 7-seat Model X you can't see much out the rear view mirror. The camera view is far superior in any event once you get used to it.
I think this is a sign of what driving will be like in the future. Even if you are doing the driving, you won't need to watch the gauges at all. The car takes care of all that for you.

I think for what you are paying for the Model S and especially the Model X are both butt ugly. This model 3 is not going to win any beauty contests but its definitely compelling value. Assuming we can get the Federal credit (plus the California one where I live) what other car can you get for $25k that comes close? I just see these Teslas as boring appliances that will save me money on fueling costs for puttering around town. For real enjoyment I'll be driving an ICE car that howls and I get to change my own gears.
This is the wrong forum on which to say Tesla vehicles are ugly! Just thought I'd put that out there. :rolleyes:
Beauty is entirely subjective and 100% independent of the cost of the item said to be beautiful. Just because something is expensive doesn't mean it's ugly ...
Personally I think the Model 3 looks like a cool combination of a Roadster front (with slight Model X undertones) and a Model S body outline and rear.
Teslas don't have gears for anybody to change, not even the car, thankfully. The Model 3 will be quicker than most ICEs out there as a result ...

well.. I don't see anything wrong with people posting their negative opinions on the aesthetics of the model 3.... Whether perty or not, the one thing you cannot say is that the model 3 looks 'cheap' for the price... They certainly didn't try to make it look more primitive, like basically all other manufacturers do, in order to distinguish it from its more expensive peers.. It looks like a Tesla through and through.

I was at the reveal, and as soon as the cars hit the stage, the nosecone reminded me of the nosecone of the 1962 Ford Mustang Concept car:

03-1962-ford-mustang-concept.jpg

Reactions: Red Sage
I think for what you are paying for the Model S and especially the Model X are both butt ugly. This model 3 is not going to win any beauty contests but its definitely compelling value. Assuming we can get the Federal credit (plus the California one where I live) what other car can you get for $25k that comes close? I just see these Teslas as boring appliances that will save me money on fueling costs for puttering around town. For real enjoyment I'll be driving an ICE car that howls and I get to change my own gears.
Really dude?
Why would you even make a TMC account if you don't like Tesla.
I feel somewhat mad that a guy who doesn't truly appreciate Tesla gets to own one and I don't.