Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 is on Display at Southlake Gallery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bollar

Disgruntled Member
May 1, 2013
Southlake, TX
Starting today, Friday, January 26, you can see Model 3 at the Southlake Gallery

The car will be there indefinitely and drives are not currently being offered.

model 3 in southlake.jpeg

If you can, will you confirm that it's there indefinitely and report on how long the line is? I might wait a week or two to not have to stand in line.

You got it.

I hope to get there right when it opens and see how it goes. I ordered last night so I really am hoping to get to see it tomorrow without a huge wait but thats being optimistic. :)

I did get a configure option for mine and punted for AWD, but I do need to try one on for size. Next week during slow hours (whenever that is) seems like a good time.

Funny how the two stores with crazy lines (Apple & Tesla) are right across from each other.

Reactions: bollar
Went today and it was a fast, seamless process.

The Apple store across the street had a longer line than Tesla before it opened. I was about 6th in line, took me about 10 minutes before our family of 4 was all up in the 3.

3 of us sat in the backseat and I let my wife take the driver tour as this will be her car. I am 6'3 and I had PLENTY of leg room in the backseat and my head was nowhere near the roof. In my S, my head was bumping the ceiling and it was rather uncomfortable back there. Kind of weird considering the 2 vehicles.

The interior is absolutely spacious and feels so open and cleeeeeean.

It was a much bigger vehicle than I expected. Perfect size.

There were a lot of employees and very helpful and you can feel their excitement as well. They advised that this car will be here indefinitely and not leaving.

Overall, many things I love much more about the 3 than my S and it is a fantastic vehicle. They are going to sell a crap load of these things.

So glad I went at opening! Wow

One of the girls said Friday the lines didn’t stretch outside. I said give it a weekend. :)

Sure enough

Attachments

• 0C72FD91-1C22-422B-A156-6E0010BA3419.jpeg
    0C72FD91-1C22-422B-A156-6E0010BA3419.jpeg
    342.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 665D93D5-A350-41D2-94B1-AAE44FC6F7E0.jpeg
    665D93D5-A350-41D2-94B1-AAE44FC6F7E0.jpeg
    355.7 KB · Views: 54
  • E282B5FB-700F-4FDE-8EFE-ABEB948F6734.jpeg
    E282B5FB-700F-4FDE-8EFE-ABEB948F6734.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Informative
I agree with the other posters that more time would have been nice. Glad I arrived first thing in the morning to avoid the excessive wait. I was in and out within half an hour despite only arriving about 10 minutes prior to opening.

1.jpg
2.jpg

I agree with the other posters that more time would have been nice. Glad I arrived first thing in the morning to avoid the excessive wait. I was in and out within half an hour despite only arriving about 10 minutes prior to opening.

View attachment 276403 View attachment 276404

Hey! Thanks for taking pics of me and my family ;)

I am the guy in the black jacket with my daughter and then the lady in the car is my wife.

Too funny

Spotted this one in the parking deck on the way to our one hour wait to see the 3 on display. Saw a couple folks that looked liked corporate types watching over the place and guessing some higher ups were on hand. The car did exceed my expectations and I think they will sell as many as they can make. Reservation deferred for AWD.
IMG_20180127_131935587_HDR.jpg

We are headed to Tesla Southlake today from North Houston to see the Model 3. Have one reserved with delivery estimated March-May. A friend just bought a Model S so we have had a chance to drive his, but wife wants to compare since it will be her car. She loves the S by the way so we will see. Probably go by this afternoon when we get there, but if it is too busy may go tomorrow when they open.