Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC Podcast #11 will stream live Saturday at 1PM PDT. We will be joined by special guest JT Stukes, a former engineer at Tesla. You can watch it live and participate in the chat on YouTube. We will addressing viewer comments and questions. For more information, follow the TMC Podcast #11 thread.

Model 3 isofix, do you use inserts, or just squeeze between the cushions

Youngest has just moved up seat size, and we have bought a cybex with isofix connectors, her brothers doesn't have this.

On the other car (VW Tiguan) it has platic moulds and you can see the bar where it attaches, but in the Tesla it just has the buttons to show where you have lift the cushion.

The seat came with two plastic moulds which I could put in so there is an opening, or is there Tesla specific ones, and the interior is white?

Thanks

Jim

Reactions: Irata

Irata

Oct 16, 2020
UK
Good question and answer... I forgot about this until now and I am in the same situation.

The booklet that comes with our child seats shows those plastic moulds are to offer protection to the seats and ease installation. If they fit, I might be tempted to use them as our child seats are moved about and I worry the metal isofix clips could damage the seat.

Reactions: j1mgg

Irata

Oct 16, 2020
UK
For damage, I was more thinking when constantly moving the seats between different cars. Especially with kids nagging and the usual stresses of getting them ready.

Likewise, i can't see damage when just left installed and never moved between cars.

Do the plastic inserts come with the car or do you have to purchase them?

When we test drove the M3 we took our joie 360 spin and it took about 20 mins to install and 3 people from the garage to get it out. I have swapped the seat between our two current cars regularly with no issues at all using the isofix inserts already installed in the car

We have a Cybex car seat that came with inserts, have used them most of the time as it just makes it a little easier to see where to push the connectors in but can do it without them.
We’ve got the black interior and haven’t noticed any damage to the seat yet in the past 5 weeks that we’ve been using it.

Also you can leave the inserts in if you are swapping to the other car frequently, they hook around the isofix bar so can be left there, can’t really feel them if sitting in the back either.

Reactions: j1mgg

CMc1

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2019
North, UK
Watch out for damage around the ISOFIX connections

ED6579E8-4B1C-4342-9A78-CC5C317FEE38.jpeg

Thread: Child Seat Indents

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC