Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 isofix, do you use inserts, or just squeeze between the cushions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a seat protector, so hopefully that will help protect it, and that it will be taken out a few times a week for 2 days at a time.

I have to car seats permanently in the back with seat protectors on. 2 months in and I've checked a few times with no indentations at all present. Might be too early to tell but so far so good.

My little one has also thrown up about 3 times in the back and the protectors have helped act as a tarp so I can lift it all up and out for washing.

Reactions: j1mgg
Do the plastic inserts come with the car or do you have to purchase them?

When we test drove the M3 we took our joie 360 spin and it took about 20 mins to install and 3 people from the garage to get it out. I have swapped the seat between our two current cars regularly with no issues at all using the isofix inserts already installed in the car
Hi Acko,

can I ask if the Joie 360 spin is working out for you?
We have just ordered our M3 and are wondering whether we should change car seats for our newborn?

Hi Acko,

can I ask if the Joie 360 spin is working out for you?
We have just ordered our M3 and are wondering whether we should change car seats for our newborn?
We have a Joie 360 Spin that we swap between our M3 and the in-law’s car. Works just fine. It’s the version with the leg, so doesn’t involve the seatbelt. Really easy to swap between the cars.

If I could add some detail…. I have a model 3 with black interior, I used the isofix inserts with to help guide the rails of the child seat. One day I needed to haul some stuff so I took out the child seat and left the isofix inserts thinking nothing of it. I dropped the seats down flat and put some stuff in the back. These inserts press sharply on the seats. So please please take them out if you are going to be laying your seats flat. I would also recommend a seat protector that is quite thick

If I could add some detail…. I have a model 3 with black interior, I used the isofix inserts with to help guide the rails of the child seat. One day I needed to haul some stuff so I took out the child seat and left the isofix inserts thinking nothing of it. I dropped the seats down flat and put some stuff in the back. These inserts press sharply on the seats. So please please take them out if you are going to be laying your seats flat. I would also recommend a seat protector that is quite thick
In relation to the latter point, this is where I quite like how the Joie 360 Spin fits in with the M3. It doesn’t actually rest on the seat, itself. It’s suspended between the IsoFix points and the front leg, only making minor contact with the seat base and no contact with the seat back.