Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 key fob Summon

Alic01

Apr 22, 2021
Aberdeenshire
I have the key fob but no car yet and haven’t taken FSD or AAP. I saw a video on YouTube where it didn’t work in the UK but the guy doing it didn’t really know his way around it so could well have been operator error

HenryT

Jan 29, 2020
Manchester
If it helps any, I had the key fobs for my MS, which looked identical and cost the same. Summon didn't work from the key, only from the app.

Keep in mind also that summon is only available on cars with EAP or FSD, basic autopilot doesn't include summon.

bryand

I can't see how a key fob could possibly control Summon (not enough buttons).
In any case, do you really need Summon? In the 6 years I had my Model S I used Summon once.
However the key fob has other uses, like enabling walk-away locking without using a mobile phone.

Apr 18, 2021
Scotland
I have the key fob but no car yet and haven’t taken FSD or AAP. I saw a video on YouTube where it didn’t work in the UK but the guy doing it didn’t really know his way around it so could well have been operator error
It was probably the same video that created a doubt in my mind:
Comments seem mixed with some people saying the feature just doesn’t work in the UK.

If it helps any, I had the key fobs for my MS, which looked identical and cost the same. Summon didn't work from the key, only from the app.

Keep in mind also that summon is only available on cars with EAP or FSD, basic autopilot doesn't include summon.
That is very strange, easy Summon was one of the main reasons I wanted to get the key for. I do have the EAP package so I thought that if the phone can do it then the key fob would be able to do it as well.

Apr 18, 2021
Scotland
I can't see how a key fob could possibly control Summon (not enough buttons).
In any case, do you really need Summon? In the 6 years I had my Model S I used Summon once.
However the key fob has other uses, like enabling walk-away locking without using a mobile phone.
(Supermarket) car parks are horribly tight, there were many times I wished my car could drive itself forward so I could comfortably get in the car.
The manual for Europe/UK describes how the feature would work:
A62E43F9-7554-4D38-8CD8-1E997EEB5C04.jpeg

Jan 20, 2020
Crawley
(Supermarket) car parks are horribly tight, there were many times I wished my car could drive itself forward so I could comfortably get in the car.
The manual for Europe/UK describes how the feature would work:
View attachment 672512
Mine doesn't show any like in this manual.
Starting from step 2 the hazard lights don't blinking. Mine is 2020... maybe the manual is for refresh Model (2021)!?

Attachments

• 20210612_214538.jpg
    20210612_214538.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210612_214545.jpg
    20210612_214545.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210612_214604.jpg
    20210612_214604.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 14

joexn

Sep 17, 2021
UK
I recently spoke to Tesla about this.

No, Summon before Exiting and Summon via Key-fob are not available outside the US.

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
I've watched videos where the guy has got out of the car after putting the car in some sort of Auto-summon mode, and it's just driven itself into a garage. Unfortunately as said above it seems that like many things we don't get this in the UK.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC