Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 key fob Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it helps any, I had the key fobs for my MS, which looked identical and cost the same. Summon didn't work from the key, only from the app.

Keep in mind also that summon is only available on cars with EAP or FSD, basic autopilot doesn't include summon.

I have the key fob but no car yet and haven’t taken FSD or AAP. I saw a video on YouTube where it didn’t work in the UK but the guy doing it didn’t really know his way around it so could well have been operator error
It was probably the same video that created a doubt in my mind:
Comments seem mixed with some people saying the feature just doesn’t work in the UK.

If it helps any, I had the key fobs for my MS, which looked identical and cost the same. Summon didn't work from the key, only from the app.

Keep in mind also that summon is only available on cars with EAP or FSD, basic autopilot doesn't include summon.
That is very strange, easy Summon was one of the main reasons I wanted to get the key for. I do have the EAP package so I thought that if the phone can do it then the key fob would be able to do it as well.

I can't see how a key fob could possibly control Summon (not enough buttons).
In any case, do you really need Summon? In the 6 years I had my Model S I used Summon once.
However the key fob has other uses, like enabling walk-away locking without using a mobile phone.
(Supermarket) car parks are horribly tight, there were many times I wished my car could drive itself forward so I could comfortably get in the car.
The manual for Europe/UK describes how the feature would work:
A62E43F9-7554-4D38-8CD8-1E997EEB5C04.jpeg

(Supermarket) car parks are horribly tight, there were many times I wished my car could drive itself forward so I could comfortably get in the car.
The manual for Europe/UK describes how the feature would work:
View attachment 672512
Mine doesn't show any like in this manual.
Starting from step 2 the hazard lights don't blinking. Mine is 2020... maybe the manual is for refresh Model (2021)!?

Attachments

• 20210612_214538.jpg
    20210612_214538.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 20210612_214545.jpg
    20210612_214545.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 20210612_214604.jpg
    20210612_214604.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 82
I've watched videos where the guy has got out of the car after putting the car in some sort of Auto-summon mode, and it's just driven itself into a garage. Unfortunately as said above it seems that like many things we don't get this in the UK.