Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Keyfob updated on Tesla shop to include passive entry

Msjulie

Jun 26, 2016
Monterey Bay Peninsula
I'm figuring it's a new bit of electronics, talking some low energy bluetooth. I'd be more bummed if I used mine more as it's mainly for visiting (family) drivers to have something somewhat familiar to hold onto... and also so I don't have to think about setting up the app on other phones and stuff. Still.. bet there's not a trade in policy.. ha ha

HAHAyes

Follow me @teslaintoronto
Sep 10, 2019
Toronto
I'm figuring it's a new bit of electronics, talking some low energy bluetooth. I'd be more bummed if I used mine more as it's mainly for visiting (family) drivers to have something somewhat familiar to hold onto... and also so I don't have to think about setting up the app on other phones and stuff. Still.. bet there's not a trade in policy.. ha ha
If we tweet enough at Elon it might work :p but I honestly got it because I just thought the little car is cool so passive entry or not I'll always have my phone & a keyfob

Reactions: Msjulie

XLR8OR

Jun 18, 2016
SF Bay Area
If the updated M3 fob supports passive entry I'll buy it. Does anyone know if it supports walk-away locking too?

It drives me crazy that the M3 fobs don't work like my M6 fobs.

Reactions: SageBrush

HAHAyes

Follow me @teslaintoronto
Sep 10, 2019
Toronto
If the updated M3 fob supports passive entry I'll buy it. Does anyone know if it supports walk-away locking too?

It drives me crazy that the M3 fobs don't work like my M6 fobs.
Yeah it does both entry and walk away lock. At least according to the product page.

• Informative
Reactions: phaheem

hydro 481

Sep 4, 2017
USA
I already had a keyfob. Just bought another. Only reason I bought it is because the passive entry on the phone is so crap. Is it wise to even try to sell my old keyfob?

Axtrader

Nov 11, 2017
San Diego
If someone can confirm this is a whole new passive key fob, different from the one offered previously, I would like to order one before they sell out. Last time it sold out, it was unavailable for at least 6 weeks.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC