TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Leasing - Delivery Updates

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by MacPaul, Oct 6, 2019.

1. MacPaul

MacPaul Member

Who did you get your delivery date/order progress info from? Leasing company or direct from Tesla?

2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

No one. You will be contacted a few days before delivery.

• Like x 1
  3. MacPaul

MacPaul Member

I’m asking because I’m trying to arrange charger installation and I believe I need proof of delivery date to get the OLEV grant.

“a few days before delivery” is no good!

4. benclear

benclear Member

I got my update via the leasing company. Tesla site was reading September when I purchased via the leasing broker but update via leasing company says 20th Dec delivery. As with all new cars though I won’t believe a word I’m told till I can smell the (faux) leather.

Only communication from Tesla was the account set up email which did give me access to the RN number but not much else.

5. anon37485

anon37485 Closed

I requested a cover note from my lease (ZenAuto) which was accepted. I don't have a car yet, but the install went ahead fine.

6. MacPaul

MacPaul Member

Thanks for the responses. I will ask the leasing company - Tesla app is a watched kettle :)

7. PXW1

PXW1 Member

I wasn't leasing but all I needed for the OLEV grant was proof of the order.

8. AB88

AB88 Member

Estimated delivery dates within the grant conditions for charger was good enough for me. Didn't need to be exact.

9. Andy_T_73

Andy_T_73 Member

Does a VIN appear in source code for leased cars as per usual?

10. Cowpring

Cowpring Member

Yes I think so. Your Tesla account will have up to date info, VIN and delivery date when you are assigned a vehicle I believe.

11. MacPaul

MacPaul Member

My Tesla account page lists the following next steps which I never would have guessed otherwise:

Order
    Prepare for delivery
    Delivery

will it always be this helpful? Should I just not bother checking?