Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator comment - question originally posted in "Tesla Model 3 leasing post EV grant change UK"

Hello everyone,

I am looking to lease Tesla M3 LR. There are a lot of different companies offering some good rates right now. My insurance will be quite pricey so I want to keep the cost to a minimum.

However I am unable to secure the deal right now as I am currently in the process of buying a house and my mortgage has not been finalised yet. The bank advised me not to get into any other contracts until the completion date (around 2-3 weeks from now).

Due to the recent change to gov EV grant, the prices on Teslas have increased according to Tesla’s website. How likely would this effect the lease prices next month?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,

I am looking to lease Tesla M3 LR. There are a lot of different companies offering some good rates right now. My insurance will be quite pricey so I want to keep the cost to a minimum.

However I am unable to secure the deal right now as I am currently in the process of buying a house and my mortgage has not been finalised yet. The bank advised me not to get into any other contracts until the completion date (around 2-3 weeks from now).

Due to the recent change to gov EV grant, the prices on Teslas have increased according to Tesla’s website. How likely would this effect the lease prices next month?

Thanks!
Depending on the model and terms etc, I think you are looking at least £100 more per month for the SR+ So similar for the LR I guess.

There’s a big leasing thread on here with lots of information, tips etc in it Model 3 Leasing - moderator comment - and merged

Prices have increased considerably in the last week or so & aren’t any good deals around at the moment. Come April, Tesla may decide to tweak their prices down but, nobody really knows yet.

Reactions: Mperkins28
that seems like a lot considering for an SR+ the price less than 10% higher, and lease companies will factor in resale value (which will also increase due to PICG)
Yes agree. The M3SR + seems expensive now. The LR looks the better value. Would be interesting to see how that £3000 increase has affected sales since the uplift. I know of two people that were ready to purchase but are now holding fire to see if prices drop in the coming months.

Moderator comment - post originally "Santander lease"

Does anyone have a 3LR leased through Santander?

If so, could you tell me if the acceleration boost appears as a paid upgrade in the app?

Am aware some lease companies allow it and some don't... and would really like to know before delivery.

Thanks

Has anyone managed to get acceleration boost when leasing through a 3rd party leasing company? I’m wondering whether it’s worth the battle as I don’t have the option in the app.
I asked this general question a short while back in the thread.

Few replies. Those leasing with Tesla seem to have it available. Some other external funders don't allow upgrades. Seems to vary.

You have to think that there is no benefit to any external funder allowing upgrades, so they just block them.
Whereas if financed from Tesla - then of course it's Tesla's benefit as it's extra sales.

Last edited:
I asked this general question a short while back in the thread.

Few replies. Those leasing with Tesla seem to have it available. Some other external funders don't allow upgrades. Seems to vary.

You have to think that there is no benefit to any external funder allowing upgrades, so they just block them.
Whereas if financed from Tesla - then of course it's Tesla's benefit as it's extra sales.
Thanks for the response. You don’t happen to know if ALD give the access? I’m looking at getting another M3 with them in the coming months for my wife.

If you have the acceleration boost - you experience the fun of faster acceleration in the time you have the car. You pay for the experience.

Is a foreign holiday a waste? The enjoyment is over when the holiday concludes.
Not really because you enjoy the relaxation and experience of a holiday. Personally I don’t see the point of paying an additional £1500 on a car I don’t own for half a second quicker 0-60. But each to their own I suppose.

I am leasing from ALD. No access to updates available in the app.

When I was deliberating (very briefly) the choice between LR & P, this was a question I put to Tesla, they said I would have to get written permission from ALD for the upgrade, it's then a one-off payment direct to Tesla - I assume ALD will liaise with Tesla to get the option added to the app once they grant permission?

I've just placed an order through Carparison for a white LR, 3-year lease (no insurance or servicing), 15,000miles p.a.

They are pre-reg vehicles (31/3/21), but I couldn't care less as I'm never going to own the vehicle anyway. £554.49+VAT per month seems a pretty good deal (1 month up front, so 1+35), especially as I will be salary sacrificing it through my employer.

They obviously took a punt on quite a lot of vehicles last month, judging by this video!

Last edited: